Chapter 7: Roxanne

When I got home, I just wanted to take a hot shower and go to sleep. Ryan convinced me to do a little bit more provocative dancing and he would give me a raise. Since I was in such big need of the money, I had to take it. I wasn't very thrilled about doing it, but I'm a pretty good actress, so I pretended I enjoyed it.

For some reason, I was completely pissed off that Niall was flirting around. I don't even know why. I'm usually not the one to get jealous, but...I was. I think I was more pissed off at the fact that he chose to flirt with Lisa. Lisa was one of the local customers. She always went home with someone new every night. I heard a lot of things about her too. She was an overused good...too over used.

Why should I be jealous though? I did some digging to know more about Niall and every girl that I asked slept with him. He didn't ask for their numbers or even take them out to dates. He was all about the one night stands and no relationship. I'm not into that kind of stuff. I've already got my heart played and I wasn't looking for it to happen to me again.

I opened the door to the apartment and frowned when I saw Mercedes, Harry, and Liam sitting calmly at the living room. They straightened when they saw me come in. "What's going on?" I asked them.

Mercedes sighed, "We want to talk to you about tonight and your...performance."

I scoffed and started to walk away. "Get over it."

"Get back here!" Harry shouted at me.

I turned around and folded my hands over my chest, "What?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Harry demanded. "Why are you doing that kind of stuff? Do you know how many perverted comments I heard as we were leaving?"

I rolled my eyes, "Guys have their opinions."

"And you want their opinions to be that you're easy to get into bed with?" Mercedes questioned. "Come on, Rox, we know you better than that!"

"We're just trying to understand why you're acting up like this," Liam explained. "We care about you and we don't want you to do something you'll regret."

"I'm fine," I snapped. "Can I go to bed now?"

Mercedes shook her head, "No, not until we figure this out."

I groaned out loud. "There is nothing to figure out! I'm fine! I'm just doing my job, so this stupid intervention was pointless. Goodnight!" I turned away.

"Are you acting up because of what happened on this month six years ago?"

I stopped and glared at Harry. "Don't you dare bring that up."

"They wouldn't be proud of you for doing this," Harry continued.

I said through my gritted teeth, "Shut up, Harry."

"They wouldn't be proud of where you're heading. You have a good life. Make something out of it, Rox."

I glared at him. "Don't ever bring that up again. You don't know anything."

"Rox," Mercedes stood up.

"Don't, Mercedes," I walked away and slammed the door to my room. I sat on my bed and ran my fingers through my hair. I dropped on the bed and tried taking a deep breath. My heart was beating so hard against my chest. I wiped the stupid tears that were pouring out of my eyes. I didn't wan to cry, but I couldn't help it.

Groaning to myself, I got up and got ready for bed. I removed my shirt, but stopped when I passed my mirror. I walked over to my mirror and stood in front of it. My fingers ran against the cigarette burn mark on the front of my hip bone.