Chapter 19: Roxanne

My mind was all over the place. Niall was with Will. He grabbed me but then let me escape. What was going on? Why was Niall with Will? How do they know each other? Nothing was making sense anymore. I was stressing out and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't sleep so I wasn't thinking clearly either.

I was trying to get in touch with the witness protection program that I was signed up for. The problem was, I kept getting put on hold. “No, I've been holding for the past fifteen minutes!...I said that I want to speak with Detective Hunter right now. Tell him that Roxanne Styles is calling.” I rolled my eyes, “Fine, tell him that it's Michelle Peralejo.”

After another five damn minutes of holding, I finally got the person who I wanted to speak to. “Detective Hunter speaking,” he said.

“Why the hell wasn't I told about them being released?”

“Who is this?”

“It's Roxanne, I mean, Michelle Peralejo.”

“Are you talking about Dominic and William Johnson?”

I rolled my eyes, “Are you people slow today? Yes, I'm talking about them!”

“There was a letter that was sent to you about their probation.”

If I was there right now... “You sent a letter to me...You sent a letter telling me that the two men who want me dead were on probation due to good behavior...I'm sorry, is this protective service or the goddamn moron association?! You could've called me to tell me this!”

“We didn't think it was necessary to tell you since they were only privileged to stay in the United States during their probation.”

“Oh, really, Detective Hunter? Because they are in London right now!”

There was a pause on the other end of the line. “I'm sorry, what was that?”

Here we go. “They are in London right now! Will had the curtsy to show his face to me! While at it, he beat the living shit out of me and his father is here too!”

“Alright, I need you to tell me your location right now.”

I rolled my eyes, “In London,” I answered.

“Michelle, I need something more specific than that. Are you in a public place? Are you using a cell phone?”

“Its a brand new one,” I answered. “I'm throwing it away as soon as I get off the phone with you. Now that I finally got your attention, do you mind telling me what's going to happen?”

“I'm going to inform the authorities in England. I'm also going to figure out how they got out of the United States.”

“How long will that take?”

“I'm taking care of it right now. Until then, I need you to stay low. Do not call relatives or anyone else. I need you to buy a new cell phone. Go to the local computer room and send me the number for that phone. If you want to make personal calls, make it short just in case. Do you understand me?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I got it. I'm just letting you know I'm getting out of the country after midnight.”

“That's fine. The farther you are from London, the better. Remember what I told you to do, Michelle.”

“Got it,” I hung up the phone and threw it out. I bought another cheap phone and card. After that, I went to a local library and emailed my new phone number. Afterward, I got back on my motorcycle and drove off. I was already twenty minutes out of London and decided to go to a local coffee shop. I sat near the exit and facing the window. My sunglasses were on and I was wearing a hat. I even decided to grab a light colored brunette wig just in case. It looked ridiculous on me, but realistic and thankfully with my accessories, it looked like my natural hair.