Chapter 15: Roxanne

I didn't expect Niall to shove me with so much force. Once he pushed me, I stumbled on my heels and I just dropped. My whole upper body slammed against the coffee table and it broke. I was lucky that nothing hit my head. There was broken glass everywhere and the unfinished cups and beer bottles blended with the glass, managing to get into my wounds. It gave me a burning sensation and a throbbing one on both of my hands.

When I saw the blood in my hands, I started having flashbacks of what happened that night. It was the night where I was at the warehouse with blood all over my hands and clothes. Hands were shaking. I couldn't pull myself away to stop staring at the blood. I couldn't move, I couldn't think. Every horrible memory of my past flashed before my eyes and I couldn't escape.

Harry closed the door to the bathroom and helped me sit on the counter. He grabbed the washcloth and placed pressure on the wounds, making me cry out. I felt the glass shards going deeper into my skin. "Harry, there's glass!" I cried out. Harry moved the cloth away and cussed. He placed my hands under the faucet and ran the tap on my hands. I winced from the pain. I wanted to move my hands out of the water, but Harry kept it there.

"We need to get you to a hospital to get the glasses removed."

I stiffened at the sound of the hospital. I shook my head, "No."

"Rox," Harry began.

"No!" I cried. I pleaded, "Don't take me there, please."

Harry sighed, "I'll be back. Keep your hands in the tap water. When I go out there, lock the door and don't open until you here three knocks."

I nodded and kept my hands under the tap water. It stung so badly, but I continued to let the water run. I couldn't handle this. I plucked out a few glass shards, but there were so many and it was so painful. I jumped when I heard Niall trying to open the door to the bathroom. I dropped to the ground and huddled into a ball. I heard a loud thud and it was followed by three knocks.

"Rox," Harry said calmly. "Unlock the door," he said, knocking three more times.

I opened the door and saw Niall unconscious on the ground. I looked at Harry, "What did you do?" I questioned him.

"Gave him what he deserved," Harry answered. "Someone take him to bed before I kick him in the chest."

Mercedes immediately examined my hands. "Roxy, we have to take you to the hospital."

I wrenched my hands away from her, "No."

"You can't keep the glasses in there for the rest of your life," Mercedes said calmly. "Harry and I will be with you while you get treated."

"No!" I shouted. I started to cry, "I can't go. Don't make me go there!"

Harry groaned and gestured Liam over, "Can you look for Xander?"

"What's Xander going to do?"

"He's training to be a doctor. He must know something about cleaning up her wounds."

Liam nodded and walked off. Mercedes moved next to me and hugged me from the side, running her fingers through my hair to calm me down. "What happened?" Mercedes asked softly.

I took a deep breath, "I don't know what happened. One minute Liam and I were going to get Perrie water and bread, the next thing I know, Niall is beating up Liam. I tried to break it up, but Niall pushed me. I lost my balance and fell on the coffee table."

"He thought Liam and you were having sex upstairs," Harry informed me. "He didn't know about Perrie until Mercedes came downstairs the first time. Roxy, I never thought he would do that to you. I'm sorry."