Hospitals

"Oh god" I think. "Yes I'll marry you"
"Wha-" he stares at me. He's drifting into the wrong lane as a cars coming.
"Patrick!!! Eyes on the road!!!"
"Shit!"
We get back in the right lane. And we drive the rest of the way home.
I walk inside trying not to puke still. I've been so nauseous. He's gonna make me go to the doctor. Ugh
He grabs my waist and spins me around. He kissing me slow and sensually. Like it's his last one. I kiss him back. His tongue asks for entrance to my mouth but I don't grant it. He keeps kissing me but pulls back and looks at me with this pity face. "Still not feeling well?"
"Not really" I sigh. I start up the stairs to lay down. About half way up I get so nauseous I run up the stairs and to the bathroom in our room.
He runs after me and pulls my hair into a messy bun. Then rubs my back. I sit back panting from the running and the puking. He wipes my face with a washcloth. "I'm going to take you to the ER come on"
"PATRICK NO!!" I said a little to quick.
"El? Why?"
I mumble something.
"What did you say el?"
"I said I don't like doctors or needles or big machines so just I'm not going" he gives me a look of pity.
"Ellie come on you know you have to. It's the only way you'll get better."
"But... I'm scared" I drop my head and cry. He sits on the floor with me and puts him arm around me.
"I'll be there every step of the way."
"Promise?" I ask
"Promise"
"Ugh fine but you have to hold my hand the entire time AND lay on the bed with me." I smirk.
"I wouldn't have it any other way el"
He gets up. I try to get up but everything just hurts. I shed another tear. He reaches for my hands. I take his hands as helps helps me stand up. I release a sound of pain.
"I'm sorry Ellie"
"It's okay at least it will be" I showed a slight smile and shrugged after I stood.
"Ready el?"
I hesitantly nodded "as ready as I'll ever be"
No ones POV
They drove to the hospital. He held her hand the entire way and kept kissing the back of it. Once they got there Patrick put her in a wheelchair and signed her in. They got into the room.
"Patrick?" Ellen asked
"Yes el?"
"Can you um help me change into the gown?" He smiled.
"Of course Ellie" he gently took her shirt and pants off. Looked up as if he was asking permission to take off her bra.
She nodded and he took it off. He slid the gown on her and tied it in the back. She layed down as the nurse walked in with an IV kit. Her breath hitched. Patrick sat next to her and grabbed her hand. "Not a fan of needles?"
Ellen's POV
"Not a fan of needles, doctors, hospitals, the big machines, the beeping. Not a huge fan of this at all"I chuckle nervously. Patrick squeezed my hand.
"Really? Did he force you to come?"
"Ha how did you know" the nurse laughed "well he looks like the overprotective type." We all laugh. "But umm anyway I'm Nurse Rita  I'm here to give an IV and ask some more questions. All right?"
I nod "can we do the questions first?" I ask nervously.
"Yes of course."
"Thank you" Patrick squeezed my hand again.
"First off, what brings you in?"
"I haven't felt well for a while. I've had a headache and stomach ache and nausea for a few weeks. I've had a fever a few times. I've gotten sick several times. It hurts to move and it gets worse when I move."
"Pain right now on a scale of 1 to 10?"
"11"
"Okay. Allergic to anything?"
"Not that I know of!"
"Okay for security reasons tell me your full name and birthday"
"Ellen Kathleen Pompeo November 10,1969"
"Alright. Thank you! Time for the IV!"
"It'll be okay I promise. She probably does this 200 times a day!"
"He's right! Alright you'll feel a little pinch when I stick the needle in. Then I'm going to take some blood for the labs. Then attach the text fluids and medicine Alright?"
"Wait! Do I have to watch?"
"No of course not. That is completely up to you"
"Okay...."
"Let me know when you're ready for it"
I look up to Patrick. He's smiling and nodding. "You can do this el I know you can"
"Okay. I'm ready"
"Alright. I'll count" I stare into Patrick's eyes. Feeling tears well up in mine. "1....2...3" she stuck it in. I squeezed Patrick's hand and flinched.
"You've got this. Just breathe"
"Alright. I'm done with drawing blood. Now I'm attaching the fluids and meds."
I just nod. I'm so scared it's unreal. I can feel the tears. "Patty"
I open my eyes to his. "I know... shhhh"
"All done!! I put it lower so you can bend your arm normally. The doctor will be in as soon as he can. There's a trash can right here if you need it. I'll stop by in a while to see how you're doing Alright?"
I nod. "Thank you Nurse Rita" Patrick thank her. "Do you want me to lay with you Ellie?"
I nod and as soon as he layed down I curled into him and cried. He rubbed my back.
About an hour of puking and crying, the doctor and Nurse Rita walks in. "Hello I'm Dr. Blake! I'm going to order an abdominal crown and a head ct okay?" The redhead said.
I look up to Patrick. "Thank you dr my girlfriend won't talk much. She's deathly afraid of big machines, needles, doctors, and hospitals in general" he smiles
"I completely understand."