The Butterflies

It was mid-afternoon and the sun was shining bright. Fall was Ellen's favorite season but she was not feeling well today. She heard a manly voice call to her and shake her out of her thoughts. "Hey Ellen! Do you wanna grab a coffee after filming?" It was Patrick. He was her best friend. Ellen couldn't imagine her life without him.
"You know I would, but I have to go get some groceries. I'm sorry Pat!" Ellen sincerely apologized. She absolutely adored hanging out with him. Patrick silently became sad. 
"Don't worry about it El. I understand! Maybe another day!" He suggested. Patrick loved her more than life itself. He wanted to make sure she was happy and had all she needed before he did. 
       Patrick and Ellen had become very close friends since filming together. However, he had developed a crush that persisted no matter how much he tried to shake it. The next they knew, they were walking side by side to go film their next scene. 
Shonda yelled action and Patrick tried his best to switch into character. "Ready to go home?" Ellen read off the script as Ellen.
"Yeah let's go. I'm exhausted"  Patrick read as Derek. They continued on for a moment with a few lines being read by Sandra Oh as Yang. Patrick tried to keep his act together as the kiss came up but apparently he didn't hide it well enough.

"Cut! Patrick, what is going on with you today? Everyone, just.. take off early and come back tomorrow with a fresh mind please." Shonda announced. Patrick nodded and walked off towards his trailer, trying to hide his embaressment. "Ellen, do you have any idea what's happening with him lately?" 

"I don't." Ellen replied unsure, looking towards Patrick. " Let me go ask. I'll see you tomorrow" Ellen took off towards her best friends, worried. 

    Patrick began to hear footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around to see his best friend running toward him "Hey Pat what's wrong?" she asked as she wrapped her arm around his waist like she always does. He pulled away abruptly. "Patrick?"

"Oh. I just got a little, uh...  light headed in there." Patrick stuttered trying to make up an excuse. Ellen sighed not believing him, but went along with the lie anyway. "Well, let's get you back to your trailer and get you some water, okay?"
Patrick replied hesitantly "Okay"