3

The group spent the night at a lonely shack in the desert. The morning sun was still rising when Pidge gently woke Elle up from her slumber. It couldn't have been earlier than 8 in the morning from the looks of it. Looking around the room, Elle immediately noticed Shiro wasn't on the couch where they had placed him the night before. 

"Where'd Shiro go?" Elle asked Pidge. Pidge motioned to the front door. 

"He went out to get some air. After all that time in space, I wouldn't blame him. Keith is out there with him too." Pidge explained. Elle nodded, still having no idea why Pidge woke her up. Taking the opportunity, Elle decided to ask Pidge a question. Taking a quick survey around the room, it looks like both Hunk and Lance went back to sleep.

"Hey, Pidge," Elle said in a whisper, "Pardon me if this is wrong, but are you-" Her attention immediately went to the front door opening. Keith and Shiro were coming back in. "Um, never mind. Another time, okay?" Pidge looked back at Elle with furrowed brows. 

"Alright."

Elle and Pidge nudged Lance and Hunk awake, respectively. Lance opened his eyes and immediately smirked. 

"Girl if I could wake up-"

"Save it, just get up. Keith is showing us something." Elle said, not believing that his first waking instinct was to flirt. 

Lance grumbled to himself something about Keith and attention. Elle brushed it off, turning her attention to the sheet that Keith had taken a hold of. 

When Keith ripped off the sheet it looked like a conspiracy board from television shows. It was complete with question marks and different colored threads connecting different pictures to a singular map in the middle. It was clear Keith was searching for something, but he admitted he didn't know what it was exactly. Keith pointed out the most obscure piece of his complex puzzle. 

"I stumbled across this area. It's an outcropping of giant boulders and caves covered in these ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a blue lion, but they all share clues about the same event. Some arrival happening last night," Keith said, probably pondering, "Then you showed up." 

Shiro turned to the quartet behind him. "I guess I should thank you all for getting me out. Lance, right?" Shiro stretched his hand out to shake Lance's hand. Lance hesitated at first, probably realizing Shiro's hand was what seemed to be an advanced prosthetic. Once Lance returned the gesture, Shiro turned to Pidge and Hunk's direction.

"The nervous one is Hunk. I'm Pidge. So did anyone from your crew make it out?" Pidge asked. Shiro seemed to have a guilty look on his face. Clearly not remembering his time in space very well, probably due to mental trauma.

As Shiro was explaining his lack of memory, Hunk immediately shifted the topic back to aliens. Which she understood was an important subject matter but she still put her hands behind her back, feeling awkward that they kind of forgot to introduce her as Shiro explained what he remembered about 'Voltron.'

Suddenly, Hunk took out a photo and Pidge's bag. 

"Hey guys, look, it's Pidge's girlfriend." he said teasing the smaller one. Pidge immediately took the bag back and complained to Hunk. 

Elle pulled at her half finger gloves. "Sorry about those two," She directed at Shiro, "The three are a rather, dysfunctional team. I'm Elle, by the way." Shiro outstretched his hand to Elle and she gave his prosthetic a firm shake. 

"Anyways," Hunk said after the quick squabble with Pidge, "I started reading his diary and noticed a repeating series of numbers that the aliens are looking for, looks like a Fraunhofer line to me." Hunk explained. He continued to explain what it was to Keith but it sounded like a bunch of scientific jargon that Elle couldn't understand. What she did understand is that Hunk thinks he could build a machine to finally find where this 'Voltron' was.