Wedding

It has been about a year since Abe, Dariela, Jackson, and I had arrived back in Africa. Dariela had given birth to a beautiful baby boy, named Isaac, and he looks just like Abe. Jackson and I had managed to plan a wedding even though we had been helping rebuild what we had in Botswana. Dariela had moved down to Africa after everything was over and it had been nice having someone I was close to, other than the boys.

The week before the wedding Jamie had come down with Logan and Clementine. Jamie and Logan had gotten together and surprisingly even got engaged. Clementine lived with Jamie and Logan since Jamie was the closest to Mitch, but they came down to visit for Christmas and any other time they could. The boys had been making sure everything is step up for the big day.

When the day comes I wake up bright and early. It's odd not waking up next to Jackson and even weirder thinking that in a few hours I will be Mrs. Jackson Oz. As soon as I get up I start to get ready. As I start with my hair, Jamie comes into the bedroom. Jackson had spent the night at Abe and Dariela's. When she comes in she sits a plate of eggs and toast next to me. "I know you're stressed, but we gotta make sure you eat something. You eat, I'll do your hair."

I sigh and nod, eating some of the food as Jamie starts to work on my hair. Before long Clementine comes in with Dariela. "Hey, Kat!" Clem smiles as she walks in.

"Hi Clem, are you ready to be my flower girl?"

"Of course," Clem comments with a smirk. I can see why Mitch was so extra protective of me when we were working together if you didn't know any better you'd think Clem and I were really related. "So what are we gonna do with my hair?"

"Why don't you get changed into your dress and we can do your hair when you get back." Clem nods and smiles, heading to the closet, where her, Dariela, and Jamie's dresses are. Clem is going to walk down the aisle with Isaac, since he is going to be my ring bearer, and Dariela and Jamie are my bridesmaids. Jackson had picked Abe and Logan as his groomsmen. But the girls are going to walk down the aisle alone. When Clem comes back from getting dressed, Jamie is finished with my hair. So I trade places with Jamie and start on Clem's hair. "So do you want it curled, do you want it braided, what?"

Clem thinks for a moment, "Curled."

I smile and nod before I start curling Clem's hair. Jamie and Dariela get dressed and start on their makeup and hair, "Hey, Kat. Did you want us to wear the pink lipstick or the red?"

"Pink, it matches everyone's skin tone better."

"You got it." Dariela nods as she finished up her makeup. When I finish Clem's hair, Jamie and Dariela help me into my dress. It's not that it's hard to get on, but it is a mermaid and it has a lace up back, so I need a little help.

Once the dress is on I put my makeup on, before looking in my floor length mirror. As I stand there Jamie walks over and puts her head on my shoulder. "You look perfect..."

I take a deep breath and nod, "I wish Chloe and Mitch was here..."

Jamie nods, "me too..."

Dariela takes a deep breath, "Yeah, so do I..."

Before long we hear a knock on the door, "Is everyone decent?" Abe calls out as he slowly opens the door.

"As long as Jackson's not out there with you." Dariela comments. Before her husband pokes his head into the room.

As his eyes look over all of us, he smiles, "You all look beautiful. We are ready to start if you ladies are."

We nod and head out. Since we are having an outdoor wedding we have some screens set up in the back so that Jackson can't see me until I start down the aisle. Abe and Logan head up to the altar to stand with Jackson and wait for us before we head down the aisle. Jamie first, then Dariela, then Clem and Isaac, and finally me. When I turn the corner to start down the aisle I see the girls, in their long, dark purple dresses, flowing in the wind. When my gaze moves to Jackson it's like I can't see anyone else in the world. As I walk down the aisle Jackson smiles and his eyes begin to tear up, as do the girls' and the boys'.