Robert

Vera tells us everything that Jackson had been able to tell her, everything about the mutation he and I have, how we are going to make the cure and everything else he could remember in the state he is in. "Anybody else would've thought your friend was crazy, but I knew something wasn't right. After the parakeet bit me, strange things began to happen."

"Do you mind if I take a look at your arm, Ms. Salvon?" Mitch asks holding out a hand. Vera rolls up her sleeve and shows Mitch her arm, it is covered in scars that look similar to Jackson's. "So you've been experiencing black tears? Mucus?"

"Yes. Jackson explained to me that is was happening to him and Katherine too." Vera looks over to me. "He said that we all had this thing. A ghost gene. It's what gave us the animal mutation. But he said there was a way to cure not just me... But the whole world."

I take a deep breath, "He wants you to replace him, be an incubator."

Mitch nods, "It's possible in theory, but I've got to run a few tests."

I sigh softly, "This means he's not planning on coming back."

Vera shakes her head, "I'm sorry. No."

"Thanks to you, we finally know what Jackson has been up to."

Abe nods, "And thanks to you we know where to find him."

Mitch takes some of Vera's blood, "This will tell us if you can use me to do whatever you call it?"

"Incubate the cure. Yes. But first I need to make sure your body can handle it without rejecting the genomic fossils I need to introduce into your DNA, okay? Shouldn't take long." Mitch takes the blood and moves away from Vera and I. As the others move away as well.

"He's a charmer."

I chuckle softly, "I guess so."

"But, I get the feeling you only have eyes for Jackson."

"Mrs. Salvon? Why did you keep your parakeet after the animals changed?"

"He belonged to my late husband. The bird hated everyone. When Gunter passed, I couldn't bring myself to put it in quarantine."

"I guess we should all be glad that you kept him. And thank you for doing this. Not everyone would be so calm."

"I watched my husband die and I've been through two bouts with cancer. I'm not about to let a nip from a little bird get the best of me."

"Well, you're braver than most people."

"Tell me, Katherine. If you have the mutation why can't your team use you to make the cure?"

I smile and look down at my still flat stomach placing a hand on it. "Uhh... Jackson and I are expecting a baby. But I haven't had a chance to tell him."

"If he didn't know you were pregnant why didn't he assume you could make the cure."

"I don't think it ever crossed his mind."

"He won't let you go through something like that?"

"No, I don't think he would."

Mitch walks back over to the two of us, "All right, test looks good. Soon as we find that saber-tooth, Vera here should make a perfect host."

Vera smiles, "Oh, there you are. Everything is going to work out. When this is all over you and Jackson can focus on this little one."

"You told her?"

I shrug, "What's the big deal, everyone exact for the baby's father knows." I head upstairs and look out the window, noticing the sun is rising. I look over to the table and notice Dariela. "Those horses in England weren't ignoring everyone else..."