Change Of Heart

Merlin woke up smiling the next morning. She got dressed smiling and grabbed Arthur's breakfast smiling.

Her cheeks really hurt, but every time she tried to stop smiling her mind would replay the events of the night before and she was smiling again.

She walked passed Gwen who gave her a look. Merlin only smiled brighter. "I'll tell you later."

When she walked into Arthur's chambers her heart was pounding.

She opened up the curtains shouting "Rise and Shine!" As she jumped onto the bed.

The bounce of the bed made Arthur open his eyes. "Good morning."

He pulled her close and kissed her. She smiled against his lips and kissed him back. "Morning."

"Come on. Up." She pulled him out of bed but he only pulled her back down.

"I'm much happier here." Her started to kiss her neck.

"No. Up. You have important stuff to do. You've been playing sick for the past week, you have to start catching up today." Merlin forced herself away and stands up.

Arthur frowned and followed her up. He walked over to his screen and dressed himself.

"Did you ever finish that book?" Merlin asked as she got sat down at his table, taking his apple.

"Yeah. I really enjoyed it. I never knew the Greek religion was so interesting." Arthur thought aloud as he came back out in his normal outfit.

"That's what I tried to tell you. But as always you didn't listen." Merlin joked.

Arthur rolled his eyes as he sat down and started to eat his food. "Don't you have something to do?"

"Not really. I already did your laundry yesterday. So I have nothing right now." Merlin explained and Arthur nodded.

A knock on the door made Merlin stand up. She opened to the door to see a guard.

"The king request the prince's presence in greeting the witch hunter." The guard said and Merlin felt all happy feelings of the morning leave her.

"Of course. He'll be down in a moment." She closed the door and turned back to him.

He finished his breakfast quickly and grabbed his jacket. "I'll see you later." He told her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek as he left.

Once he was gone Merlin let out a shaky breath. Oh boy.

She ran to Morgana's chambers and opened the door.

Both Morgana and Gwen looked at her oddly. Merlin looked at Gwen.

"Hi." She said awkwardly, knowing she had to keep quite in front of Gwen.

Gwen, who was pretty sure Merlin had magic, looked at Morgana. "Did you hear the witch hunter is arriving today?"

Gwen shot a quick look at Merlin to see her pale even more.

"He is?" Morgana asked, paling herself, for she had been studying magic as well.

"Yes. His name is Aredian. My father says he was one of Uther's most trusted friends." Gwen told them and looked at Merlin.

"I would hope my friends, would feel that I would never tell anyone anything if I were to be questioned. And would not be scared of them." Gwen watched as Merlin realized the meaning of her words.

"You... you know?" Merlin whispered.

"I had my suspicions." Gwen admitted. "And Merlin. It's okay."