Nick Amaro/Rafael Barba

Magsimula sa umpisa

Nick takes a quick glimpse over his shoulder when he hears Rafael in the hall. Though Rafael is definitely walking slower than usual -- and maybe, possibly, perhaps, even trying to take a glimpse over at Nick as he walks -- he doesn't stop or say anything.

Anger boils through Nick's chest. This silent treatment thing they've got going on has reached its limit. For him, anyway.

"Are you kidding me?" Nick shouts as he spins around, jaw locked and fists tight. "Not even a word?"

Rafael, still with earbuds in, stands there just staring for a few seconds. As suspected, he was at the gym. His gym bag is at his feet and he must've showered because there's a towel around his neck. And of course, he has to look amazing. Standing there all sexy in that tight shirt. Muscles bulging everywhere. Damn Rafael Barba for being so inhumanly attractive when Nick just wants to be angry at him.

Before tugging his earbuds out, Rafael's eyebrows pull in and he shakes his head. It's already turning red, the same color it was when he stormed off earlier this afternoon.

"You didn't say anything either, Nick," he growls.

"How would you know?" Nick counters. Rafi is right, he didn't. Still.

"Maybe I did but you were too busy listening to music to hear!"

Blinking a few times, Rafi shakes his head. "But you didn't say anything. And I was listening to a podcast."

"That..." Nick huffs. "That's not the point!" He grinds his teeth and clenches his fists even tighter. "And where have you been?!"

Rafael gestures out to him as though the answer to that should be obvious.

"The gym," he grunts. "I have work to--"

"I suppose it would have killed you to pick up your phone to text or call me?"

"It's not like you called or texted me either, Nick!" Rafael yells. "You didn't seem too fucking interested in findin' me."

Rafael is right. Nick knows he's right. Not about the not interested in finding him part. Nick was very interested in knowing where he was. He was just being stubborn and wouldn't reach out first. Which was silly. And immature. But Nick's not about to admit that. Not yet, anyway, because he's feeling cranky and tired and still angry about this whole thing. Really angry. Really, really, angry. So angry he's not sure what he should do about it.

Nick doesn't know when he picked up a cupcake, but it's in his hand and without thinking, he's shoving it in Rafael's face. Rafi gasps and sorta yelps as the cupcake crumbles to pieces and falls to the floor. Crumbs tumble down his neck and through the neck of his shirt. Chocolate frosting smears across his nose and his all over his lips and chin and even half of his right cheek.

With the pastry all over the place, Rafael just stands there half astonished, half confused, as if he's not sure if that really just happened and if it did what the hell he should do about it. More than once his hand reaches up like he means to wipe his face clean, but he never actually does.

Nick has no idea what's come over him. What made him do it, but he can't take it back now and he's not sure he would. Rafael's reaction is just so amazing that Nick almost doubles over laughing. He can't help it. Really, he shouldn't. That was amazingly immature of him and Rafael doesn't exactly appear to be sharing his humor.

"I'm... I'm s--" Nick can't decide if he should wrap his arms around his ribs or cover his mouth. "I'm sorry, Rafael! I don't know... I'm sorry!"

Licking his lips, Rafi nods and starts coming forward. His approach makes Nick back up into the kitchen again, unaware of what he might do.