Chapter 29: Lucy's memory

"Hey! What are you doing with the girl?!" a teenage boy yelled at a group of girls who pushed a girl to the ground.

"We're just playing with her, right Gahyeon?" one of the girls turned her head to the girl on the ground, cocking her head as if daring her to fight back. The boy rushed to the innocent girl and knelt down to check on her.

"You girls splashed water and dirty her clothes, this is what you call 'playing'?" the boy asked, perplexed.

"Who are you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong?" the girl spat back.

"I'm... her brother, why?" the boy lied. Judging on how they reacted, they believed him.

"You better back off or I will report this to your family about what you've done to my sister. Go!" the boy warned and they scattered away from him. After they were gone, the boy looked down at the girl who was still crying. Now that he was closer to the girl, he found her clothes disheveled and stained, most probably from her getting pushed around and water splashed on her person.

"Are you alright?" asked the boy. The girl was scared to speak as she didn't know the boy at all.

"Don't cry. I'm not gonna hurt you. What's your name?" the boy coaxed for her response.

"Lee Gahyeon..." the girl said softly.

"I'm Chae Hyungwon. Can you tell me what happened?"

"I was on my way home from school but then they asked me to hang out and play with them. I didn't know they would do this... "

"I see. Come, I will send you home. Let's go." Hyungwon lent his hand to Gahyeon and she grabbed it, pulling herself up. He was accompanying Gahyeon the whole way back to her house, making sure that she didn't have another run-in with the bullies. Ten minutes later, they arrived at Gahyeon's house. Looking at the house they stopped at, Hyungwon couldn't function his jaw muscle as he saw a big beautiful house that Gahyeon seemingly lived in.

"This is my house," said Gahyeon.

"Wow it's big. You must be from a rich family, I'm guessing."

"My parents are rich. I'm not." Gahyeon blushed. Hyungwon chuckled softly at how shy Gahyeon was.

"Thank you for sending me home, Hyungwon oppa."

"You're welcome. Don't be friends with them anymore. They are really bad. If they bully you again, I will come and save you, Okay?"

"Okay, goodbye oppa," Gahyeon bowed and waved at him as she walked back into her house. Hyungwon waved back and smiled softly.

"How adorable..."

The Next Day...

Gahyeon was on her way back home. After Hyungwon saved her from the bullies, they didn't dare come near her anymore. As she walked on the street she always used to go home, she saw three teens approach Hyungwon menacingly.

"Hey Hyungwon, where are you going? You want to run away from us like last time?"

"Leave me alone. I have to go home now. My mom is sick."

"Your mom can wait. But right now you have to help us."

"I don't want to lend you money anymore. You said that you will pay me back but you haven't!"

"I told you that I will if I have the money but right now, I'm broke."

"If you're broke then ask your family or someone else. Now, go away!" As Hyungwon turned to leave, one of the trio grabbed him and punched his face. Hyungwon fell down hard on the ground.