Hell, they weren't even friends.

As Kit shut the door behind him, he smiled dulcetly to himself. Kit knew better than to go near Quinn Starr. If Diesel ever found out what he was doing with his best friend, he'd be beaten to a pulp. But damnit, Starr was the best fuck he'd ever had. He'd risk it.

As he glided past to get back to his own room, he brushed against a new boy he didn't recognise. Blue hair and silver eyes, standing out like a sore thumb in a place like this. He looked him up and down, not bothering to hide his clear curiosity before shoving past in disinterest.

Lucky watched the boy disappear down the corridor before continuing to his dorm, running his fingers through his wet curls. He'd just come from the shower, trying to drown out his messy thoughts with the sound of pounding water. His first day of lessons had been uneventful. He showed up to classes, silently endured lessons, ate by himself at lunch and returned to his room straight after. Lucky found that if you treated it like normal school, you'd slowly manage to trick yourself into believing it.

Once he'd fiddled with his key for a few moments, he twisted it in the lock and pushed the door open, only to freeze straight after. Steel was getting changed, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers as he rummaged through his drawers. Lucky stared at the toned abs and twitching muscles of his roommate, trying his hardest to rip his eyes away.

"Fucking hell, stop doing that!" Steel scolded the second he heard the door click shut again. "What did I tell you about knocking?"

As he turned around and a pair of flaming eyes met his, Lucky was able to quickly compose himself. "I live here too, you know?" He snapped back. "I'm not going to knock every time I need to get in."

"Well, I was here first."

Lucky scoffed, "How old are you?" He spat, sarcasm lacing his words. "If you don't want me seeing you naked, change in the fucking bathroom."

"Or I can just drag your mattress in there and you could stay there instead." He shot back. "This is not working at all; you're a terrible roommate."

He gritted his teeth, "Fine. Do it, you twat." He retaliated.

Steel stared at him blankly for a moment before marching over to the bed and ripping Lucky's mattress off the frame. Lucky watched in horror as Steel dragged it effortlessly to the tiny toilet and shoved it in. It barely fit, the edges were all squashed up against the walls of the small room and it took up the entirety of the floor. "There. Now stop bothering me."

Lucky was shaking with pent up rage, looking for a way to release it on the unsuspecting boy. He'd never met someone so far up their own arse before, he wanted to rip Steel's throat out. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He hissed, his voice trembling with anger. "I've done nothing wrong, you prick!"

"You exist." He shrugged, as if that was reason enough to hate him. "And you're annoying as fuck, alright?"

"You think that 'cause I'm smaller than you, I can't fight back?"

Steel scoffed, "Yeah, pretty much."

Steel didn't want to admit that the reason he couldn't bare to even look at Lucky was because he reminded him of someone he once loved.

And he knew that if he let himself get too close to the boy, history would repeat itself.

Without waiting another second to shoot daggers at the taller of the pair, Lucky spun on his heels and marched right out the room. He was sure he'd left a trail of heat in the wake of his fuming state of mind by the time he reached the end of the hall. He paused, his legs grinding to a halt before turning around and walking straight back the way he came. He repeated the process until he was pacing back and forth, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides.

Benji's first day of lessons had been a nightmare. It seemed he'd gained his own nickname in only a day; Pup. In this case, he wasn't sure Kit's advice applied. Kit talked about nicknames as if they were poison on your tongue. They're dangerous. And yet, here he was, with the most pathetic name ever.

He was surprised when no one even attempted to bother him. There were a few sneers, a couple of nasty looks and a handful of poorly planned insults. But not a single person laid a finger on him. And he knew why. It was because of Kit. They were all too concerned about what he would do to them if they tried something - Benji had never felt more grateful towards an almost-stranger in his entire life.

He'd been reading in his room. The Shining. He wasn't a fan of anything scary and he hated everything to do with horror. He was forcing himself to read it in a measly attempt to toughen himself up. Unfortunately, the effort only resulted in Benji becoming terrified to even walk down an empty corridor alone.

When Kit reentered the room, he was wearing a stony expression and Benji couldn't help but notice his ruffled clothes and scruffy hair. He'd left half an hour ago, his uniform appearing to be perfectly in check - not that he wasn't already looking a little rough and unkempt. But now, he looked like he'd just been rolling around outside.

"Hey." Benji squeaked quietly, still shy around the new acquaintance. He knew Kit was nice to a certain extent, but had yet to figure out what that extent was.

"Hi." He mumbled back, "How was it?" He asked vaguely.

Benji nodded lightly, knowing that Kit was referring to his first day, "It was okay." He lied. He hated every second of it.

"No one gave you a hard time?"

"Not really."

Kit nodded in understanding. He was distant and detached, his body still recovering from his session with Starr. His mind was flashing with images of murky green eyes and parted lips, almost wishing he'd taken Starr up on his offer to stay a little longer. He wasn't at all interested in hanging out with the boy, but knew it'd inevitably end in sex. A second round might've been a good idea after all. "You should head to the showers now before it gets too busy." He advised Benji. "It gets pretty crowded in there after dinner."

Benji nodded and smiled in a friendly manner before dropping his book and grabbing a towel. The corridor was empty when he exited he room, save one boy furiously marching up and down the hall. Benji knew that to survive in here, you had to keep your head down and your mouth shut, and yet, against his better judgement, he glanced up and innocently asked, "Are you okay?"

A pair of silver eyes met his, glistening with rage, his blue hair damp and curly, "What?" He snapped.

Benji flinched a little, but tried to maintain his composure, "Are you okay?" He repeated calmly. "You just looked a little-"

"A little what?"

"S-Sorry." Benji mumbled, desperately wishing he hadn't opened his mouth like an idiot. "I just thought-"

"What did you think, Pup?"

Benji groaned internally, saddened by the thought of his new nickname travelling so far so fast. How did everyone already know who he was? He'd only been here a day. "It's Benji." He corrected boldly.

Lucky rose his brows, taking a few threatening steps forwards. He was usually a bubbly, happy person, buzzing and feeding off other people's joy. Since he'd been in here, his energy had been drained. All that was left behind was bitter resentment. Plus, Steel had put him in a terrible mood, all he could do was take his anger out on someone else. Someone smaller and more vulnerable. "Excuse me?"

"M-My name." Benji forced himself to straighten his spine, conjuring all his courage to not take a defensive step backwards and reveal how weak and frightened he really was. "It's Benji."

Lucky rolled his eyes, finally taking a heavy sigh and extending his hand to the light brunette, "Lucky."