Chapter Fourteen; Baku Garden (P3)

Lilarc set Lance down on the bed carefully and got up, deciding he'd let Lance rest and make them breakfast. As he was walking to the kitchen he happened to pass his sister, who was giving him the look. Y'know, THAT look.

"What're you looking at sweaty?" (Yes, sweaty not sweetie.) Lilarc side-glanced Plax.

"I saw that Lance never came out of your room last night." She smirked and winked, Lilarc look at her with wide eyes and frantically shakes his head.

"Woah, woah, woah, WOAH- I don't know what you're talking about! Don't a-assume shit. Nothing like that happened." He blushed.

"I'm just kidding ya' dork. But, considering how you reacted, you probably thought about it." She snorted while eating space-ice cream, still in her pj's.

"Shut up Plax, s' not my fault! And get outta the kitchen with your uncultured ass," he joked, "eating out of the container. THERE IS A BOWL BEHIND YOU. I really just don't understand you sometimes." He draws out a sigh. She just laughs and shrugs while strolling out of the room. Before she's fully gone, she turns around and quickly says'

"Wear protection!" she ducked away just in time for the spoon Li threw to miss her. He angrily sighs and looks around for an apron, *unfortunately* the only apron he could find happened to be pink and yellow with ruffles and a huge cupcake on the middle. Great.

---
(This is where the music comes in)

Lance lets out a big yawn and stretches, looking around for Li. After wiping his eyes and blinking more than necessary he got up to search for him, he walked down the hallway to see an open door with light shining through and sure enough Lilarc was standing there in his apron facing away from the door. Lance smirked and creeped up behind him and hugged him from behind, smiling. Lilarc jumped, accidentally jerking his hand to fold the unfinished pancake in half.

"Aww man!! I had a good feeling about that pancake too." Li sighed, Lance giggled.

"I'll eat it anyway, no worries." Lance tucked his face in the crook of Lilarc's neck.

"Of course you would, Lance." Li said in a sarcastic voice and smiles, "I made some with zupple-berries, wanna try?" Lance nodded and sooner or later, breakfast was ready.

"Zupple-berries??" Lance asked curiously inspecting the piece of pancake on his fork.

"Yeah, Picked them from the garden yesterday morning." He smiled. "You like em?"

"They're pretty tasty! S' kinda like blue raspberry."

"Oh yeah! Huh." Lilarc said, slowly nodding, totally oblivious to what raspberries are.

"You have no idea what raspberries are, do you?" Lance asked with the raise of an eyebrow,

"Not a clue." He smiles.

"Dork." Lance chuckled. "I'm digging' the apron by the way. Very stylish." He teased.

"It's designer, why wouldn't you?" Li did a hair flip to prove he was joking, "24,000 Gak."

Lance fake gasped, "Wig!"

They laughed and finished up breakfast, and Lance offered to do the dishes, Lilarc said he'd rather do it but Lance already started doing them, so Li decided to play some music.

Nothing's gonna hurt you baby,
As long as you're with me you'll be just fine.

Li walked up behind Lance and hugged him from behind like Lance did previously, but more tender and lovingly.
"Hey, Lance?"
"Yes?"
"Y'know that I'm gonna be with you no matter what, right? I'll listen to every word you say because I care. Even outside of this useless war I'll do anything to protect you.mAlways. I promise."

Lance stopped drying his hands and turned to face the taller of the two. Li gulped, feeling heat rush throughout his body and reach his face, his hands started to get clammy and he avoided eye contact. That is until Lance moved the direction of Li's head to face his own. Lance looked Lilarc back and forth between both eyes to tell if he was being genuine, he smiled a genuine, loving smile and as a tear fell, he leaned forward until his lips met Lilarcs.

Meanwhile:
Allura's p.o.v

"We're entering the atmosphere of the planet. Paladins get your armor, we're gonna get Lance back."

- - -

Yeet, a cliffhanger. Yikes. Sorry it took so long, school has started up again and my ass is already beat. Anyway, I decided we should get some fluff before the angst comes back.
ALSO!! thank you SO MUCH for 12k reads???? AND #10 in #alteanlance ??? what the fuck?? you guys are amazing?!