Volume Five Chapter Eight

Start from the beginning

Ozpin nods. "I know..."

At Leonardo Lionheart's office, the Haven headmaster sits at his desk in front of a blue holographic screen with the text "CALL END" before deactivating. Raven Branwen stands a few feet away from him, arms crossed and smiling.

"I still have questions for you." Raven says standing across from Leo.

"You're not alone in that."

Raven hums walking in front of his desk. "You know, I never expected you would be the one to have the guts to betray Oz. Which makes me wonder, what does she have on you?"

"I'm helping her for the same reason you are - I'm afraid. We... we can't stop her... no one can..."

"That's why I tried to leave when I did. I'm not afraid, I'm smart." Raven says.

"You can call it whatever you want, it doesn't really matter. We're here... helping her." Leo buries his face in his hands, sighing. "I've crossed a line... I've done things that Ozpin will never forgive, and he shouldn't! I don't know where I go from here."

Raven places her hands on his desk. "Man up! You did what you had to do to survive, there is no shame in that."

Lionheart glares at Raven. "Who are you trying to convince?" Raven doesn't say anything, she just leaves the room while Lionheart sadly leans back sighing.

The full moon illuminates the night sky above Haven Academy. On the school grounds, Qrow Branwen takes the lead as the currently present members of Team RWBY, the currently present members of Team REDS, the remaining members of Team JNPR, and Oscar Pine follow close behind. Ruby Rose stops and looks up to admire Haven's CCT tower, before following the rest of the group to a nearby building. They enter the building and are greeted by Leonardo Lionheart, who is standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that is being held up by a statue of a woman in chains.

"Why hello. Thank you for... coming." Leo says, he glances around and speaks nervously. "There... seems to be more of you than last time." He says followed by a nervous chuckle.

Qrow and the rest of the group stop to look up at Lionheart. "Eh, you know what they say, "The more the merrier". So what's going on with the council?"

"Why... did you bring your weapons?" Leo asks concerned.

"What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?"

"Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee."

"Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?"

While the two talk, Yang Xiao Long notices from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing. "Mom?" Yang says quietly.

Everyone's attention is turned to the bird. It flies away just as Qrow shoots at it, but he misses. The bird flies down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven Branwen, donning her mask. Everyone glares at her.

"Raven..." Sky glares at Yang's mother.

"They... they really are magic..." Nora mutters.

Raven speaks taking her mask off. "If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting."

"What are you doing here?!" Qrow shouts.

Raven walks down the stairs. "I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister."

"Leo... what have you done?!" Row shouts.

"I..."

"Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too."