10

Zeke

"Why don't we just leave, go to the human world," I state, "This place is awful..."

In a place like this, it feels so easy to lose your voice. No one hears me.
I look out of the window at the vile streets that everyone thinks is beautiful. It was morning but there was no sun. The sun didn't rise in the Immortal city. It's dark and gloomy here. They don't see what I see. I turn around and feel the warmth of a body walk up on me. Someone once said vampires were cold...maybe in mythology. That was a lie. His body is as warm as mine. The dark curse hadn't taken that from him. He presses his manhood up against the crack of my ass and I can feel it growing slightly as though just getting turned on by my presence.

"This place is worth fighting for," he tells me.

I turn and see Aiden Matthews, the defender of Eden. He stands tall like a Captain should even in our bedchambers when no one is looking.

"Aren't I worth fighting for?"

"You know how I feel about you."

"I don't. You never say."

"I shouldn't have to say. I can prove it instead."

He leans in and Aiden kisses me hard up against the mouth. He's still sexy. His skin is reddish almost the color of burgundy. He's truly a red-brown. He has light brown eyes that are so full of passion. His tongue pressed into my throat. His body pressed up against mine. He grinds up against me, making sure that his dick causes a warming friction in between my thighs. He wants me to turn around, drop my pants and let him fuck me into the morning. I know he has a lot of tension to release.

"Not even that can make me want to stay here," I tell him, "Not even that..."

It's been a year. Each day I wake up to him. Each day he goes without really telling me how much he loves me. I think he's afraid to say it, even though I think he does. I don't know why. It's as though the words are lodged up in his throat for some reason. They are unable to come out. I move away from him. In a year we'd seen some of the most horrible things happen in this city. We haven't been able to do anything about it.

"I'm asking you to be patient, while I get things under control."

"Who left you in charge?"

"Armando."

Of course. Aiden's mentor Armando was like a ghost who just wouldn't fucking go away. Every day he brought up his mentor.

"There are too many kings in Eden. Let the royal family do the hard work."

"Like your ex?"

I know who he's talking about. He'd told me as soon as it happened. The Vampires still pledged their loyalty for the most part to King Nero and his lover Santos. Nero had a son named Justice. They'd been pulled out of the ground and had returned. I can tell Aiden has been wondering what was going on with Justice since he was pulled out of the ground.

"Justice would have left if I asked him to," I tell Aiden.

I regret saying it.

"Maybe you should ask him to."

It's cruel how he can shut me down so easily. It's cruel how he can say that with a bold face.

"I don't want Justice. I want you. But you are busy keeping your word to a ghost. Armando isn't here. For all you know Armando is dead. You are protecting his two sons as though you were Armando," I explain, "Newsflash. Genesis and Santos don't need protection. They are both kings. Let them lead this fight."

"I promised Armando," he explains, "I told him I was going to protect his sons. I told him I would protect his city. I mean to keep that promise. Genesis and Santos may be monsters to you, but this is a city of monsters. This is a city worth protecting."