Chapter Two

Elizabeth's POV-

My heart flutters in my chest and I feel like I am going to pass out.

Jensen continues to stare at me with a smirk. Everyone in the crowd starts screaming, urging me to get up there and sing.

I look at Jensen who is staring at me expectantly. I shake my head.

"I can't." He raises an eyebrow.

"Either you get up here and sing with me or you are going to have a crowd of people mad at you." He smirks trying to get me to cave. McKenna nudges at me.

"Come on Elizabeth, you have to!" my heart hammers in my chest.

"Fine." I manage to squeak out. Jensen smiles triumphantly. I get out of my seat and make my way up to the stage. He holds out his hand and helps me up. I look out towards the crowd and my anxiety kicks in. What have I gotten myself in to?

He pulls out an extra chair and sets me down. he has someone hand him his guitar.

He starts strumming the first chords. Then I hear his soft voice.

Someone's always coming around here
Trailing some new kill
Says „I've seen your picture on a
Hundred-dollar bill
What's a game of chance to you
Here is one of real skill
So glad to meet you, Angeles

I Listen to him an awe, my heart pulsing. God, he really is perfect. He shakes me out of my daze when he looks at me deeply. He looks at me expectantly. I take a deep breath before I sing the next verse with him.

Picking up the ticket shows there's
Money to be made
Go on, lose the gamble that's the
History of the trade
Did you add up all the cards left to play
To zero
And sign up with evil, Angeles?

He smiles at me and the crowd cheers. A surge of confidence fills me at the crowds cheering.

Don't start me trying now
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh

‚Cause I'm all over it, Angeles

I can make you satisfied in
Everything you do
All your secret wishes could right
Now be coming true
And be forever with my poison arms

Around you
No one's gonna fool around with us
So glad to meet'cha, Angeles

I watch him as he finishes strumming the chords. He gives me a triumphant smile. The crowd continues to cheer us on. He gives me a hug.

"That was amazing! We really make a good pair." My heart soars at his words. his eyes shine with excitement.

Before I can process my thoughts he gives me a kiss on the cheek, and looks at the crowd with shining eyes. I just about pass out. My heart beats rapidly in my chest, and in that moment I truly fell in love with him.