8: Rolo is a monster but so is Keith

Keith's POV

I found Rolo in under an hour. The dumbass didn't even think to hide. Clearly he didn't understand that stealing from La Cosa Nostra was a no-go. He was standing in the shipping yard preparing to go on another drive. I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out of the truck.

"What the fuck man--" I cut him off with a punch to the face. His nose cracked and he let out a gross scream. Shiro said not to kill him, but that didn't mean I couldn't rough him up a bit.

"Rolo Camtz?" I asked, already knowing it was him.

"Who's asking?" Rolo asked, trying to seem powerful but failing with the amount of blood pouring down his face.

"Your Capo," I hissed. He stiffened and looked at me in a mixture of shock and fear. "That's right mother fucker. Your in deep shit and I think you know why."

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." Rolo lied through his teeth.

"Sure you don't." I said before punching him hard enough to knock him out. He slumped, the full weight of him hitting me before I dropped him. He hit the floor with a loud thud. I looked at one of the soldiers and he came to pick him up.

Alright, let's get this party started.

___________________________________

I waited patiently for Rolo to come to. I had strapped his ass to a chair and made sure there was no way he could get out. Then I sat down and waited. He made a grunt, signaling that he was slowly waking up.

"What the..." he said looking around.

"Morning Rolo," I said, picking the dirt out from under my nails with a knife. "Or evening, I suppose. Have a nice nap?"

"What's going on?" Rolo asked. I scoffed.

"You stole from me," I said. Rolo stiffened in his chair. "And now you gotta pay." Rolo began to struggle, fighting to get out of the restraints. I laughed, a dark and hollow sound. "That's pointless and you know it. Now, why don't you tell me why did it?"

"Do I need a reason?" Rolo asked. A smart ass, great.

"If you want to live." I responded. He gulped and I smiled.

"A friend called in a favor," Rolo said. "I had to."

"Ah yes, Nyma, was it?" Rolo looked at me in shock when I said the name.

"How do you--"

"Rolo, you didn't really think that you got rid of all the cameras did you? And since you deliver weapons your under the jurisdiction of Capo Verde. You know how smart they are. Do you really think you would get away with it when the person you stole from is tech genius?" I asked. Rolo shivered at the barely concealed blood lust in my voice.

"I only took one--"

"Ah! You only. Took. One." I said, interrupting him and standing up from the lean that I had been in. "Well, I suppose then, since you only took one, I should let you live?"

Rolo looked at me hopefully and I almost laughed. I moved forward, him expecting me to untie him only to find himself being punched in the face once more. His head flew back and hit the back of the chair. "You're a dumbass, you know that?" I asked him.

"Please--" he begged but I slapped him hard. He spat out blood.

"You stole from us. Thought we wouldn't notice. And then lie to me, to my face, about it?!" I hissed. I then laughed and took his face in my hands, swaying it side to side. He whimpered. "Rolo, Rolo, Rolo. You have got to learn. This isn't how the real world works."

"Please, Capo Rosso, mercy," Rolo begged. I raised an eyebrow when he called me by my position. Shiro thought it would be best if the underlings didn't know our real names in case one of them got caught.

So he decided that Pidge would be Capo Verde, or The Green Capo. Shiro thought it was hilarious to name me Capo Rosso or The Red Capo. He claimed it was because I was so hot headed.

"Mercy?" I asked. "You beg for mercy?" he nodded, his eyes misty with unshed tears. "This is the Mafia, Rolo. There is no fucking mercy!"

I drew the hand carrying the knife back and prepared to stab him when a voice stopped me. "Keith. Enough. Don't kill him." Shiro said. I turned around and glared at him as he entered.

"Why not?" I hissed.

"Because Nyma mention something interesting before she...passed," Shiro said, and Rolo whimpered at the knowledge that Nyma was dead. "And I'd like to investigate." I sighed and stepped aside.

"Fine, just, let me be the one to kill him." I said, crossing my arms. Shiro laughed.

"Don't do that, you look like a spoiled brat." Shiro said. I huffed and flipped him off before leaning against the wall again. "Ouch."

"Just hurry up." I said.

"Will do." Shiro said before turning to face Rolo. "Ah, Rolo. I'm so glad to see you! You see, I'd like to talk to you about something that Nyma said, alright?"

"....what is it?" Rolo asked carefully.

"Nyma mentioned that you owed her," Shiro said. I perked up, listening harder, That's right, Rolo had mentioned that the girl he sold the guns to had cashed in a favor. "Why did you owe her?"

"She introduced me to her ex," Rolo said. "We started dating shortly after that. He was good, if you know I mean," Rolo raised and eyebrow and I shuddered, feeling disgusted at the thought of fucking that asshole. I feel sorry for that guy.

"He was good?" Shiro asked, putting emphasis on the 'was'.

"Yeah, we broke up about a year ago," Rolo shrugged. "He stopped being obedient. And his fucking guard dog of a friend threatened to kill me when she saw the bruises."

"Bruises?" Shiro asked. "You abused him?"

"Someone needed to show him his place," Rolo said, and I wasn't sure if he was trying to defend himself or brag about what he did. I sneered at him in disgust. What kind of a douchebag abuses their boyfriend?

"And why's that?" Shiro asked, staring at Rolo intensely. Huh, wonder why he's so worked up?

"Cause the bitch was cheating on me," Rolo said. "He fucking went out late, claiming he was 'just getting drinks with my friends'," Rolo made a high pitched voice as he mocked his ex, and rolled his eyes. "I never caught him, but if I did I would've killed that son of a bitch he was sleeping with."

"So you never proved that he was cheating on you?" Shiro asked.

"No--hey, what is this? Why are you guys so interested?" Rolo asked.

"Just answer the fucking question!" Shiro said.

"No! I never proved he was sleeping around," Rolo said. "Even after I beat his ass he refused to come clean. Kept saying I was drunk and that he wasn't cheating. Fucking whore."

I pushed off the wall and walked forward, punching Rolo in the face once again. "Did you ever stop to think that maybe he wasn't cheating on you?!" I screamed.

"Why do you guys care?" Rolo asked again. "You guys are cold-hearted. Why should you care if I beat my boyfriend?"

"Because we retain some human decency," I spat. "Unlike you."

"Beating your partner is unforgivable," Shiro added. "Only monsters would do that."

"You guys are the leaders of the Mafia!" Rolo exclaimed.

"And we would never do something so despicable." Shiro said. He then leaned forward and braced the arms of the chair, looking Rolo deep in the eyes. "Now, I want you to tell me the name of your ex, and if you give me the right answer, I'll let you live."

Rolo gulped. I snarled. "The name, Rolo! We haven't got all day!" I said.

"...Lance McClain."