3: My best friends an idiot

Allura's POV

I tapped my foot as I waited for my friend Lance to arrive. Damn, he's always late. Finally I see him rush over and bow at me dramatically. Like usual. "Hello princess," he said. I opened the door for him and he flashed me some of his finger guns before he entered the Starbucks that I managed. Among other things..."So, what's on the schedule for today?"

"Serve coffee," I said.

"Gee, can't believe I didn't think of that," Lance says with a roll of his eyes. I smirk and hand him his apron. His name tag was personally decorated while mine only read ALLURA in print.

"Get ready," I said. It was 6AM and it was time for the rush hour of people trying to get their coffee. I flipped this sign and people poured in.

Time to start business.

_________________________________

My phone buzzed again and I purposefully ignored it, humming as I counted inventory on our stock. Lance groaned at the sound of my phone. "'Llura just answer the damn phone already!" he said in exasperation. I huffed but complied, picking up my phone and rolling my eyes when Shiro's name appeared.

Wonder what the Don needs from me now.

That's right. I'm apart of La Cosa Nostra, the only Mafia residing in America. I'm the underboss for Shiro, the Don of my father's Mafia. Everything was normal until ten years ago when Zarkon, the previous Don, killed my father Alfor, the head Godfather and attempted to overthrow the Mafia.

When his plan backfired he fled to a region out in Italy and formed a new Mafia, the Sacra Corona Unita. The bastard had managed to get up into the leading five Mafia families. I had been Underboss for Zarkon but after he betrayed us I refused to take that position, instead giving it to one of our Capo's at the time.

Takashi Shirogane.

He was cold, heartless and cruel, yet considerate and kind at the same time. He was perfect for the position. He accepted it under a few terms that I accepted graciously. Shiro agreed to be the Don as long as he could appoint Keith, his boyfriend to a higher position. I accepted these terms as long as Shiro treated me as an equal and not as an underling.

Soon after we became dear friends. But that doesn't mean I want him calling me in my place of (undercover) work. I clicked the answer button and held the phone up to my ear. "Cosa vuole da me?" (What do you want from me?) I asked.

Shiro's gruff voice barked out a laugh. "Ti ricordi quando ti offri di aiutare Keith e io ne trovo un terzo?" (Do you remember when you offered to help Keith and I find a third?)

I almost laughed. Of course I did. Two weeks ago Keith and Shiro and I were hanging out at my place, taking a break from the whole running-a-mafia thing and Keith and Shiro casually talked about how they were poly and wanted to find a third party to their relationship. I, of course, offered to help them. They brushed me off with a laugh.

"Abbiamo deciso di accettare la tua offerta," Shiro continued. (We've decided to accept your offer) I burst out laughing, but steadily died down when I realized that they weren't laughing too.

"Aspetta, sei serio?" I asked in surprise. (Wait are you serious?)

"Si," Shiro said. I could practically hear his smirk. (yes)

"Resisti..." (Hold on.) I said, pinching the bridge of my nose as I thought. They want me to hook them up with someone? But who? Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. Bingo. I supped the phone and turned to face Lance who was eyeing me with interest.

"Lance? Are you free tonight?" I asked him. He looked at me in shock.

"Huh?"

"Are you free? Also, pose for a picture," I said before giving him three seconds to pose. He smiled, putting on his signature wink. I snapped the picture and laughed. "Perfect. Now, are you free?"

"That depends..." He said, tapping his chin. "What do you want to do?"

"We're going to a club!" I said in excitement.

"Oh fuck yes!" He said, pumping my fists in joy. "I'm so down!" I smiled, grateful that I knew my friend so well. He was always down to party.

"Thanks Lance!" I said. I returned back to the phone. "Ok, porterò la mia single bi friend Lance al club. Se lo farai male, ti ucciderò. Fatto?" (Okay, I'm bringing my single bi friend Lance to the club. If you hurt him I will end you, got it?)

"Così spaventoso," Shiro said mockingly. (So scary.) I scoffed, whispered goodbye and hung up on him. Oh boy, this'll be exciting.