6:Dead bodies and Edward Cullen

Lance's POV

"Boooooo," I said, throwing popcorn at the screen as Jacob kissed Bella again. Even though he knew she was engaged to Edward.

"What? Not a fan of Jacob?" Allura teased. She knew how I felt about this.

"I just don't ship them," I said. "Also, Bella's taken. He needs to back off."

"Alright alright, watch the movie," Allura said. I smiled at her and shoved a large handful of popcorn into my mouth and turned back to the screen. The big fight scene between the newborn Vampires and the Werewolves was about to start.

I cringed as a one of the wolves ripped off a head. Bleh, gross. I have too weak of a stomach to watch gory things. I guess I'm like Bella Swan, then, because the sigh of blood makes me nauseous.

It was currently two fifteen in the morning and Allura and I were almost done with Eclipse. Allura was sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch. I was sprawled out of the couch, my feet hanging over the edge as I rested my head on top of Allura's. I reached down to take another handful of popcorn out of the bowl that rested in Allura's lap.

We got to the part where the Volturi Guard showed up when Allura's cell phone rang. I groaned but paused the movie and looked Allura expectantly. "Aren't you going to answer it?" I asked.

"I really should..." Allura said. "But I don't want to."

"Here, hand it to me," I said holding out my hand for the phone. Allura smiled and handed it to me. The caller ID said Shiro and a picture of him eating a sandwich was below his name. I smirked at the candid photo of him. I'll definitely be keeping that. "Hello?"

"This isn't Allura," Shiro stated. He sounded bored. "Who is this?"

"Her boyfriend," I responded. Allura giggled and I had to cover my mouth to stifle the laughs that threatened to escape.

"I wasn't aware that Allura had met someone," Shiro said. I had to cup the phone to let myself laugh.

"Shhh shhh," I said as Allura fell over. I took a deep breath and returned to the call. "We just started dating tonight," I answered cheekily. Allura guffawed, clutching her sides as she laughed. "We work together."

"Oh? What do you do?" Shiro answered, sounding slightly more interested.

"I'm a barista at Starbucks," I answered. Allura snorted.

"Sure you are," she said,

"Shut up," I hissed. She dodged a pillow that I threw at her head.

"Excuse me?" Shiro asked, sounding highly offended and scary.

"Oh, not you, I'm talking to my..girlfriend," that brought another round of giggles from Allura.

"You said you were a barista?" Shiro asked. "That' strange. Allura only works with one barista....Lance?" Shiro asked, his voice suddenly dark and there was another emotion that I just couldn't quite place.

"Maybe."

"You're dating...Allura?!" he asked again, his tone once more filled with that indistinguishable emotions.

"Maybe."

"Lance, put Allura on the phone." Shiro practically growled. Oh this was just too funny.

"Sorry Shiro, Allura and I are a little busy right now," I said, enlisting yet another laugh from Allura. "Talk to you late, gotta go, bye!" I said really quickly before hanging up the phone.

Allura and I stared at each other in silence for a moment before bursting out in laughter. "Oh my god, that was hilarious," I said in between snorts.

"I know," Allura agreed. "I'm probably going to regret that later but right now...I don't regret a thing!" Allura started to laugh again. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.

"Oh my gosh, why are we like this?" I asked. "We're like little fucking kids!"

"Isn't it great?" Allura asked. I nodded.

"Okay, now, back to Eclipse," I said after I finally caught my breath. I got comfortable on the floor, my head laying in Allura's lap where the popcorn bowl had been. Allura must have knocked it over while she was laughing. I was too lazy to get up and go back on the couch so I merely snuggled closer to Allura and pressed play.

I fell asleep mid way through Breaking Dawn Part 1.

_______________________________

When I opened my eyes the sun was shining brightly. Allura had fallen asleep, her head tilting to the side due to the awkward positioning. We hadn't moved an inch since the prank call with Shiro. I sat up, my eyes adjusting to the light.

"'Llura," I said, shaking Allura awake.She snorted and woke up, looking around dazed for a few seconds. "Hey. Good morning, want some breakfast?"

"Morning," Allura said blearily. "Mm breakfast sounds good."

"Great, I'm making pancakes, you're on eggs." I said, pulling Allura to her feet. She chuckled and stood up, stretching a bit.

"Alrighty," Allura said, walking stiffly to the kitchen. God, my muscles were sore from sleeping on the floor all night. I walked after Allura and turned on the radio in my kitchen. Soft spanish songs began to play, mixing well with the peaceful morning.

The smell of eggs began to waft through the air as Allura cooked. I hummed softly along to the song as I mixed the pancake batter. I added chocolate chips and butterscotch chips and poured it on the pan.

When breakfast was fully cooked I sat down at the dining room table and turned on the news. Allura at down next to me and began stuffing her face with eggs. I snorted. "That's not very ladylike," I said.

"Manners can shove it," Allura responded before inhaling another egg. I laughed and turned to the TV. I saw something that caught my eye and I turned up the volume.

"Reports suggest foul play," the reported said, standing in an alleyway not too far from where I live. "Last night a body was found on the corner of Lana Avenue. The body has been ID'd as Nyma Runtz, age twenty two. Nyma was found with four shot wounds to the chest as well as several stabbings. No information on the killer has been found."

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed. "I know her!"

"What?" Allura looked at me, her face suspiciously masked but I ignored it. I know she doesn't like these kinds of things.

"Yeah! Nyma and I dated back in high school. I took her to homecoming freshman year!" I said. "I can't believe it! I haven't heard from her in years. I can't believe she's dead. And so close to here! Lana Avenue is like ten minutes from here!"

"That's crazy.." Allura said. She looked at me with worry. "Are you okay Lance?" she asked.

"What?"

"I mean you just found out your ex girlfriend was murdered ten minutes from here," Allura said. "Are you okay?"

"I mean it's horrible and I'm really sorry for here," I said. "But I didn't really stay in contact with her after we broke up. I just hope the killer is found."

"Me too." Allura said. "Me too."