5: Crap, the hot guys are back!

Lance's POV

I smiled and waved as our customer left the starbucks. I glanced at the clock and let out a huff. Five more minutes until I go on break. I swear that clock hasn't moved a single inch since I last looked at it.

"Hi stranger," a familiar voice said. I turned around and froze. Shit. The hot guys were back! Shiro stood in line in a black business suit and behind him stood Keith. Shiro smiled at me and I returned it, even if it was a little forced.

"H-Hey," I stuttered out. "Uh...fancy seeing you again?"

Shiro chuckled. "Yeah, what are the odds?" he said. I stood there for a few seconds before I remembered that I have a job to do.

"Uh, what'll it be?" I asked.

"What do you suggest?" Shiro asked, leaning forward. I gulped as heat rushed to my face. No! He's taken!

"Uh...Coffee? Maybe..?" I asked again, distracted by the way his hair glittered in the sunlight.

"Well, I guess I'll take a coffee then," Shiro mused. "I'll have decaf and he'll have black." Shiro said pointing to Keith. My narcissism returned and I flashed a grin and looked at Keith in mock disgust.

"Black?" I asked. "Only crazy people take it black."

"Guess I'm crazy then, huh?" Keith fired back, a smirk stretching across his face. I grinned.

"Guess so," I said before punching in their orders to the computer/cash register. "That'll be seven dollars."

"Here. Keep the change," Shiro said, handing me a twenty. I stared at it for a seconds and the looked back up at Shiro.

"Uh...this is really generous. I don't know if I can accept this--"

"I insist." was all Shiro said before thrusting the bill in my hand. I took it, unsure what to do before I sighed and put it in the register. He smiled. "Thanks Lance. I was wondering if we could talk to you for a bit?"

I froze again, my heart beginning to race out of my chest. Shit! Is this the part where they ask me what the hell is wrong with me? "Uh...I'm a little busy.."

"How about on your break?" Shiro asked. I swallowed a dry throat and nodded.

"It's in five minutes.." I said. Shiro smiled.

"Great, see you in five." he said before walking away, Keith in tow.

What did I just get myself into?

________________________

I sat down next to Shiro, my hands twitching with anxiety. He smiled happily and scooted over to give me more room in the booth. I clenched my hands in my lap to stop the shaking. "Hey Lance," Shiro greeted.

"Lance." Keith nodded. Huh, Shiro must be the more social one of the two.

"Shiro," I said in a bubbly tone before I turned to Keith and lowered it. "Mullet." Shiro barked out a laugh while Keith glowered at the table.

"It's not a mullet," Keith muttered under his breath.

"And I'm Barbra Streisand." I shot back. "So, what can I do for you?"

"We were just wondering if we could talk about...what happened." Shiro said. I stiffened and tried to keep myself from running away. This was my mistake and now I needed to face the consequences.

"I'm really sorry about that," I blurted out. "I swear I didn't know that you guys were...you know together! I would never have come onto you if I'd known!"