Six

"Let me work." I said to the person sitting next to me. I tuned out him and started writing notes.

Suddenly I felt a leg kicking mine and I looked at him. "James will you stop?" I sighed heavily to which he only answered by chuckling.

He again kicked my leg and again and again and i finally snapped. I hit his leg with mine and he hit me with his.

It went like that for a few moments when suddenly he trapped my legs with his. I glared at him and tried to pry my legs out to which hr only responded by tightening his legs grip on mine, as a result I was pulled closer to him.

I tried again but he just tightened his legs grip. I dont know how we got so much closer that i could see the tiny freckles he had on his nose and how his eyes were actually dark brown not black.

I realized that too later.

We were already so close, in full of classroom with students , with a professor teaching us and suddenly we both backtracked as if burned by fire.

"Ahem"

"Mhhh" we both ackwarsly looked away. There was a moment of awkwardness and hesitation but suddenly James did what he do best, he joked.

"Well I finally got your nose out of that notebook." And i realized that in fact it was right. I have missed the whole lecture because of our bantering.

"I hate you. " I said just as the bell went. I gathered my stuff and put it on the bag and so did everyone else.

"So you want to come meet me today at bru's?" He asked me and I shooked my head guilitly.

"I can't. I have homework to do and by the way my mother was also scolding me that i quote "You go out too much nowadays. Concentrate on your studies." " i told James honestly not bothering to sugar coat it.

"Oh okay." He said with understanding and he didn't push me after thay.

I get up from the seat and stood by the door of our classroom. I didn't bought lunch with me and neither i was hungry to eat anything.

I stood there watching students go up an down thinking about nothing in particular. After 15 minutes the bell went and lunch was over amd that's when i saw him.

Euro.

He was walking in my direction, his attention his friends surrounding him and then he turned around and looked at me dead into eyes, other than recognition I saw nothing in them.

He walked and walked and walked right past me and in front on robin, they did the man shake or whatever you call it and then after some talking Euro left with his friends ( who i still don't know the name of) .

Euro was at the gate when he turned around and glanced at the room until his eyes landed on me and he smiled.

I smiled back.

I didn't know why, hell i still don't know why, 6 years and i still wonder what made me smile at me and no one else , what made him so different than anyone else out there. I still don't know why the hell i said no to him , just like many of you maybe wondering I still don't understand.

I was looking at him as he walked out of the gas and out of the class . It was the first time he even acknowledged me in days. It's not like he ignored me , Its just that we didn't crossed paths , and when we did , i made sure that he don't see me and now that he stopped and smiled at me , i remeberd the day I saw him for the first time

And then i wondered what it is about him that makes me think about him and no one else

***

At home:-

"Yeah sure whatever." I drawled out sarcastically.

"Don't use that on me missy." James lectured me in an old man's voice and i laughed out.

"Aryaaaaaa! We need to go. Put that phone away now." My mom shouted from downstairs and looked down at the phone to see what time it was.

"Woah." I said in surprise.

"What?" James asked in confusion.

"We are talking for kore than an hour." I said to him still shocked myself.

"Well guess I am good company." He teased and i teased back.

"Guess i was just free."

We both laughed out.

"Look i need to go my mom is calling me." I said to him and he "hmmm" me.

"Okaaaaayy." I said and stood up from the bed and put on the sneakers.

"Hey listen." I was about to cut the call wjen he said that.

" yes?" I asked and stood up ready to go downstairs.

"I umm I- " he was stammering so i interrupted him.

"You are ummmmm-" i teased him.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

So here is the thing about mistakes, sometimes you don't even realize you are making them, other times you know you are making them but you do make them anyway

But with me I didn't knew I was making a mistake, hell i didnt even realized that what being in a relationship entitles , i just said the one thing that came into my mouth and time told me it was a mistake , a huge one.

One that i regret even after 6 years later. Even after 6 years later I think about it and wish that I could take that word back, wish i could take that decision back.

But in my defence I didn't know , i didnt know that my one decision is going to hurt so many people around me and most importantly James and me.

6 years and i wish I hadn't made that one mistake that led me to making many mistakes.

"Yes I would like that very much." I said to James with a smile.