Chapter 9

"I suddenly don't feel like eating," he says but pulls back anyway.

I sigh and fix my hair from its messy position. "Don't tell her that. We should go before it gets cold," I warn him and lead him out of my room.

The plates are already set down on the dining table and I eye the food, slightly repulsed by the smell.

"Have a seat," Riyma says to us as she her seat the head of the table. I move over to the right side of her and sit down on the chair, Ezekiel follows suit and sits down across from me. Riyma notices Ezekiel's hesitance and shoots a glare at me.

I sigh silently, pick up my fork, and stick it in the meat. I cut a piece off and stick it in my mouth forcing myself to chew and then swallow roughly. "Wow, it's really good," I add with a smile, which makes her smile in approval. I sip on the water she provided, washing down the blandness as Ezekiel cuts into his steak. I continue eating and drinking water.

-

"That was really good Riyma, thank you," Ezekiel tells her with a large smile. He had finished his food and I had only gone through half of mine.

"Don't worry about the dishes, I'll get them," she says and grabs our plates.

Before she leaves the dining room she looks at me with the same hard look from before. "You said after dinner - go walk him and then go," she orders me leaving no room for argument.

I could only nod and when she finally leaves, I let out a sigh and turn to Ezekiel. "Let's go."

He does not say anything as he grabs his bag from my room and follows me outside. I lead him to the empty spot we had gone to yesterday and watch as the night slowly dominated the sky. Once we reach the secluded area, I sit down on the hard surface with a heavy sigh.

"I thought you said you don't eat?" he asks as he sits down next to me.

"I don't. Riyma forced me to, she didn't want you to feel awkward," I explain as exhaustion filled my nerves. I was already feeling the effects of my hunger even though it was only the first day.

"And there's a bed, but you don't sleep?"

"I get tired sometimes, so I do sleep, but it's not easy." I lay back on the rock and watch the stars twinkle shyly.

"Are you upset?" He asks watching me worriedly.

"No," I reply. "Just feeling a side effect."

"Here." He offers his neck to me instantly.

"I'm okay."

"Elias. You need to," he darkens his tone threateningly.

I sigh feeling irritated now. "Fine, if that's what you want." I cannot help the slight anger and frustration that seeps into my words spewing out venom. I sit up and elongate my fangs, letting him see the sharpness of them and watching shock take over his features.

I smirk and move closer to his neck allowing my fangs to scrape across the side of his neck before moving my lips right below his ear and giving him a soft kiss.

"You're keeping this one," I demand as a surge of possessiveness takes over my emotions. I don't give him time to respond before I stick my fangs into his neck with little tenderness that I gave him before.

As the blood slides down my throat thickly I feel the exponential difference in my mood as the rationality that had dwindled returns.

He groans once, and I loosen my lock on his neck. I take one last gulp and pull my fangs out of his neck softly. I lick the blood off the wound but leave the mark there.