Quinn

• • •

• • •

TW: Swearing, violence, drugs, sexual assault, abuse, self harm references, and mature content. This will be the only trigger warning, so please take care!

Enjoy :)

• • •

Lucky ignored the growls and torments of his fellow students as he strode down the hall, his bag swung lazily over his shoulder.

The word 'students' wasn't right. It was like trying to jam a puzzle piece into the wrong slot. Lucky thought of them as inmates. Or maybe animals locked up in a zoo, growing wilder and wilder as they thrashed around in their confines, trying to break free. Now, Lucky was one of those animals.

He wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. He wasn't a beast. He wasn't a predator. Though, if he was the prey, he wouldn't hesitate to fight back.

His sharp silver eyes trailed across the animals' faces curiously. They were all stony eyed, smirking beasts, licking their lips as they watched a brand new victim wander straight into their trap. Shaven heads, rolled up sleeves, tattoos, and DIY piercings defined the boys. If you looked close enough, the details would tell you exactly who they were. If their face was bruised, they were weak. If their knuckles were bruised, they were dangerous.

The contrast between Lucky and the other boys was striking. Lucky was sporting tousled blue hair, sticking up in all directions as if he'd never left his bed. His features were soft and delicate, his button nose speckled with small freckles, his cool grey eyes hiding a sparkle. His softness could be mistaken for weakness. The perfect, vulnerable target.

Though most boys entering Oakleaf marched through the halls with an unbreakable mask of emotionless nonchalance, that wasn't Lucky's style. They did it to look tough in an attempt to ward off any unwanted attention. But those masks were transparent and flimsy. Lucky walked through those halls like he owned them, and maybe he really thought he did. His confidence could often be mistaken for arrogance.

When he reached room 112 he banged on the door with a clenched fist. Mr Welding had directed him here and after offering some guidance, Lucky insisted he'd find the room himself. He wasn't an idiot. He wasn't going to go strolling around the halls with the headteacher hot on his tail. That was suicide. He might as well pin a target to his back.

After a short couple of seconds, Lucky lost his thin patience and grabbed the doorknob, twisting roughly as he stormed into the room unannounced.

"Hey, what the fuck!"

Sebastian Steel had been warned about receiving a new roommate. His last one had gotten into a savage fight in the middle of the canteen after being accused of selling baking powder, under the illusion that it was coke. Of course, he wasn't expelled. No one ever got expelled for merely fighting; that was just a daily routine around here. In fact, kids rarely got expelled at all. Because if Oakleaf Academy wouldn't take them, no one would.