Chapter 9 ~ Star Wars!

Ellie woke up with a start with loud and incoherent bellows filling her ears. She sat up in her wooden chair and rubbed her brown eyes, coming to her senses. The empty bag of Funyuns was crumbled next to her, and the leathery book on demons sat in her lap neatly. She grabbed the plastic bag and balled it in her hands. She would throw it away later. Crowley was still stuck in the devil's trap and sitting down, but this time, his hands were tied behind his back. Ellie realized that the people who were yelling was the combined voices of Mary Winchester and Castiel. Mary was outside the circle, brandishing a sharp dagger. Castiel stood next to Crowley menacingly.

"What's going on?" Ellie said frightfully, her voice croaky. She can't have been asleep for very long.

"Why don't you tell her?" Castiel said to the demon, leaning forward that his crooked nose was less than an inch from Crowley's round face.

Crowley rolled his eyes and shuffled in his chair, trying to rip his hands from the ties. He glared at Ellie. "They seem to be under the moronic impression that I am the one that rendered you unconscious."

"That's ridiculous!" Ellie said, standing up from her chair. She turned to Castiel and explained that she was just asking Crowley questions about being a demon, and that the most he had done was listen to her ramble too much. Castiel looked unsure, and he glanced at Mary, who nodded. She must've believed Ellie.

"See?" Crowley stated triumphantly at Castiel. "It was her own fault for blabbering on too much! Now, if you could untie me, that would be super."

Castiel stood up straight and eyed Crowley cautiously, before his hands moved down to untie him from the chair. Crowley flexed his stubby fingers, and stood up. He seemed to be seething with rage, as if he was about to explode. He straightened out his fancy black jacket and huffed audibly. He marched over to Ellie, careful to stay within the trap, and pointed at her accusatorially. "This is your fault I got tied up here! And now my suit is even creased!"

Castiel looked like he was going to move to protect Ellie, but Mary stopped him. She pointed at the devil's trap. "I can iron it out for you," Ellie offered, a little frightened, she did not want to anger the demon any farther. "If I learn how to iron clothes."

Crowley scoffed and turned around. Ellie could tell that he wanted to leave, and with Mary and Castiel's scornful stares at him, it was clear that he wasn't welcome anymore. Mary bent down onto her knees in front of the circle and gripped her knife. She etched off some of the paint of the devil's trap, breaking the bonds. "You are free to leave." Castiel said sternly, his body stiffening.

Crowley turned his head up at Castiel, and stepped out of the circle. "With pleasure," he said, looking as up he was about to poof away.

"Wait!" Ellie called out desperately, taking a step towards the demon. Crowley turned to her, slightly annoyed. "Will you visit on my birthday? It's a week from now."

Crowley sighed. "I'll see if it'll fit into my schedule. It's not very easy being the king of hell!" He yelled the last bit, and disappeared without a trace.

It didn't sound very hopeful. Ellie had said it out of nowhere, and she was sure that the others didn't even remember that she had a birthday, let alone that it would be so soon. She just wanted someone she knew to be there with her, besides the grumpy people she was currently stuck with. She didn't have very many friends she could invite, she didn't even have very many friends in general. The plain high school she had gone to before was far from welcoming to her. The students had made fun of her sometimes, especially for not having a phone, or that she was dressed too prettily for someone who wasn't popular. Ellie looked at her feet, blushing slightly in shame as Castiel glared at her. He was probably confused about her "friendship" with such a fickle demon. If only there was someone younger she could talk to. Someone she could understand. Finally, Ellie remembered. "Where's Jack?" She asked, noticing that he wasn't there when she woke up.