Parties Are a Real Pooper

Start from the beginning

I found Connor and asked him where the girls were. Apparently, they couldn't find me but they really had to be home before curfews, so they grudgingly left. They said they were sure I could just get a ride from one of the boys.

I didn't blame them, curfews were important. I was only allowed to stay out so late because my mom thought Asher was a sweet boy and trusted me with him. Huh, how ironic. Did she expect him to watch over me the whole time like a bodyguard?

I understood why they had to, but my friends leaving just added to my bad night.

I had to be responsible about this. I sat down on the couch next to some passed out dude and waited. I waited for Asher to come out so I could take him home safely. I waited and waited. I almost fell asleep, but slapped myself awake.

I was about to leave because I figured he was having a bit too much fun with Hannah and would probably stay there overnight. That was, until I spotted him walking down the stairs with no balance. He made it to the bottom and staggered a bit.

His dark blue button-up shirt was only buttoned half-way and his jeans were sagging low. His hair was a huge mess and he had obvious hickies on his neck.

Oh, dear Lord.

I sighed and walked over to him. "Asher."

"Princesssss...,"he drawled out,"you look really *hic* cuteee..." Talk about a drunk with mood swings, yeesh.

"Uh, thanks. Woah!" I caught him as he stumbled again. I knew how upset he had made me feel, but I didn't want to put that oh him when he didn't even do it on purpose.

"Woah, look at that!" he pointed at my face.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"You have diamonds on your eyes!" he was tapping on my glasses. Well that was a sweet way to put it.

"Haha, yeah. Asher, I'm gonna take you home. Okay?" I looked at him for permission.

"What are you suggesting?" he smirked and gave me a suggestive look.

"I'm suggesting that I take you home so you don't crash your car." I said very slowly for him to understand.

He pouted in disappointment as I walked over to Eli.

"Hey, Eli." he nodded in response. "I'm taking Asher back to his house so don't worry about him."

"Oh, okay. Bye, Hazel." he waved at me. I smiled and walked back to Asher.

"Let's go, you little bug." I dragged him outside and he put all his weight on me, so I basically carried him to his car. Well, he was only leaning on me with my arm around him, but still. It was hard.

I put him in the passenger side and I got into the driver side. "Do you have your keys?" I asked.

He pulled them out of his pocket and handed them to me. "I want to drive though!" he whined.

"Not if you want us to live another day." I started the car and drove off.

Okay here was the thing. I'd driven before with a permit, but I wasn't the best at it. I also didn't have a license... But I had to get Asher home somehow.

I knew we weren't even that close-heck, I didn't even know if he'd do the same for me-but I was trying to do the right thing for my sort of friend.

It was 1:00 am. Hopefully, there were no cops around to see my sloppy driving with a drunk boy in the passenger seat. I turned on the radio and the song "Strawberries and Cigarettes" by Troye Sivan came on.