Parties Are a Real Pooper

Start from the beginning

"Hey, guys," we all shouted over the music. They all gave us acknowledging nods.

"Glad you made it!" Connor yelled. He walked over to us. He looked us over and smiled, appreciating our outfits.

Honey was dressed in her signature yellow dress. Julia, of course wore all black. Anikah rocked her holographic look. Violet was dressed in her grunge fashion. Ivy wore the boldest look out of all of us. She was the one most accurately dressed for a party with her velvet dress and stilettos.

Connor was especially paying close attention to someone. If you know what I mean.

"Hey, Honey!" he shouted. He was looking right at her with a big smile before he turned to the rest of us. "Oh, right. You guys, too!" A collective amount of greetings were thrown around.

Suddenly, a noise made me whip my head around. On the speakers came on a song. A song that I really loved. The first verse passed as I stood, stunned, and finally the chorus came on.

"Dance, dance
We're falling apart to halftime
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love
If they knew how misery loved me "

"Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy was playing.

"Oh! My! Gosh! Fall Out Boy!" I started jumping around like a happy dog until one of the boys said something.

"Ugh, this song? I'm gonna ask the dj to change it." Liam started walking away.

Next thing I knew, I was jumping on his back and giving him a noogie while scolding him. How did that happen?... "What do you mean 'ugh, this song?'" I mimicked his voice. "This song is amazing and you just have no taste!"

"Get off of me!" he yelled, whipping himself in circles to try to get me off his back.

"Take it back first!" I screamed. I guess you could say I was very protective of my boys.

"Fine, it's a good song! Now get off!" he yelled once again.

*Asher's pov*

Look at her, on his back. Playing with his hair like that. Look at him, spinning her in circles. Ugh, it made me sick.

She didn't know what it was like when it came to Liam. He was more of a player than any of us. I mean, I didn't care what she did, but as a decent human being, you tried to prevent these types of things... right?

Goddammit, Adler! Just stop!

"Fine, it's a good song! Now get off!" Liam yelled at her. She jumped off of him and stumbled a bit from being dizzy. For some reason, I felt my blood boil when he steadied her.

Dammit.

Dammit.

Dammit.

Nope! Not today!

You know what I needed? A hookup. That would make me get my mind off Hazel. Why the fuck was my mind on her in the first place?! I just needed to get drunk first and find a girl.

*Hazel's pov*

It'd been half an hour there, and everyone left me alone. I didn't even know where they were.

I was currently upstairs in a corner, reading the book I had taken just in case. It ended up coming in handy after all. Was it hard to see through the dark? Pshh, that's why I took a little flashlight. Always be prepared kids!

It was a bit disappointing how anticlimactic my first party was turning out to be.

Just as I was reading about Leo Valdez making veggie tacos in The Lost Hero, I heard a noise near me. I turned to see what it was.