53- Let's Be Free

Start from the beginning

However after only a short moment he pulled away and took hold of my hand.

“Let’s get this show on the road.” He smiled down at me as he locked the car.

“Let’s.”

We walked down a block or two downtown before Jack stopped me.

I looked over the place he’d led me to.

Blackout.

The outside of the building was black and inside I could see flashing lights and people dancing even though it was only 6:43. A bouncer stood at the door, barring the entrance. A line had already formed at the door.

“A club?” I looked up to Jack questioningly. “But how will we…?”

He put a finger to my lips, “Trust me.”

Instead of taking a place in line, Jack merely pushed the heavy ropes aside so that we were standing face to face with the bouncer.

“Hey, Rojillio!” Jack clasped the large man’s hand and the two chest-bumped.

“Man, it’s been forever. How’s it kickin back in the hood?”

“Good my compadre.” Jack pulled me forward. “This is my new girl, Ally.”

“Nice to meet you.” I said shyly as I extended my hand to Rojillio.

“Damn man, where’d you luck out on this one?” Rojillio leaned towards me, “You know chicka, you could really do so much better, Jack is-“

“Okay that’s enough – no stories tonight.” Jack warned, with a smile.

“Ah man, you know I wouldn’t say nothin.”

“I know – we need to hang out more, ya?”

“Yeah, another time for sure. Have fun with your girl.” Rojillio clasped Jack on the shoulder, smiling widely as he stepped aside so we could get into the club.

“Thanks, man.” Jack grinned as he put his arm around my waist and led me into the flashing lights.

Everything inside the club was black and silver and shining. It looked spotless and brand new. Even the girls on the dance floor sparkled and shined with dresses and shoes that reflected the overhead lights.

All of a sudden I felt underdressed. I played absentmindedly with the sleeve of my cardigan.

Catching my gaze, Jack took hold of my chin. “You look absolutely gorgeous and sexy.” Jack intoned, as he placed a soft, sweet kiss on my lips. When he pulled away my lips tingled and I felt warm and fuzzy, like he really did believe that even when there were so many stunning girls dancing and grinding on the dance floor right beside me.

“Now, let’s get you a drink.” Jack grinned, tugging me towards the shiny silver barstools.

“You know, what?” I grinned lopsidedly at Jack after taking a shot of vodka. “The last time I think I drank was with Todd.”

“You mean the time you puked in my bathroom and told me you had a vampire fetish.”

I wrinkled my nose. “Well, whatever.”

Jack leaned forward to tickle my nose with his. “It’s okay I though it was cute when you were a master sensei anyways.”

“Oh my God we will never relieve that again.”

“Any of it?” Jack pursed his lips, fake pouting. “Because I really liked the feeling of when you gave me that hicky…”

“Oh really?” I cocked my head to the side, loving him and the feeling of alcohol in my system.