Mine • Anakin X OC [req]

Start from the beginning

 "If you value your life you will tell me where Jin-Rea is." Kitana commanded.

 He put his hands up in submission, and took a few steps back, not attempting to call his lightsaber to him as it had found itself under the table in the next room.

 "You don't have to do this. He made a mistake not big enough to end his life over" 

 "Why are you defending him?" She retorted. "You of all people should know what it's like to defend your teacher" you nodded in his direction

 "My name is Anakin Skywalker" he cautiously held his hand out for her to graciously take "I don't want you to make an irreversible mistake" 

Kitana glared at his hand but did not take it. The man had a point, but it didn't matter to her.

 "I don't care what you want. I've made my decision. And if you're not going to be any help to me then you deserve to die like him" She raised her eyebrows, testing him. 

He showed submission and slowly slipped onto the floor, balancing himself on his knees as his hands were still up. "Do you want to know why he robbed your master?" He asked

 Kitana did not reply, allowing him to speak. 

 "He has a family on Corellia. They were starving, he needed the credits" he explained. 

 "I don't care!" She retorted " his family can burn to death for all I care. He was dumb enough to rob a Bounty Hunter. He deserves to know the consequences" 

 "Do not let your anger fuel you!" He tried to reason with her "anger is just a path to the Dark Side." There was a hint of peace and hope in his eyes, but Kitana chose to ignore it. 

 "He robbed Jenga Fett!"

 " And you are about to commit a far worse crime! " he returned, raising a fair point. 

there was a long hull of silence as Kitana tried to alter his words to shoot back, but she couldn't find any. He was right. Maybe robbery was not punishable by death. 

"What is your name" he questioned , lowering his hands with extreme circumspect

"Kitana" she replied simply, deciding if she should lower her defenses or not

"Put down your weapon. I'm not here to hurt you"

 "Then why are you here? To trick me into leaving Jin-Rea without punishment?"

 " No" he replied "I am here to save you from a life filled with anger" he said suavely. 

 another hull of silence. It must have been years since anybody ever said anything of the sort to Kitana. Not after she had left Alderaan, at least.

 "Take off that mask. You don't need it" he proposed "my only defense is all the way over there. I can't hurt you" 

Reluctantly, unknowing of the exact use of the Force, she slid her sword back into its place behind her back and took a deep breath. Taking off her mask, she closed her eyes before he could take in a full view of her face. 

"You see? You are just a normal girl underneath that mask." He said , Kitana ignoring him. "Imagine what could have happened if I let you hurt him. It's a choice you would have soon regretted*

"Why are you helping me? Why do you care? Aren't Jedi supposed to deny emotions?" She questioned , crossing her arms

 "Not exactly." He replied, finally standing up " but in all honesty, I'm not one to follow the Jedi Code" he said

 "Okay, but why are you helping me?"

 He hesitated , flinched for a moment, almost as if he didn't know. Finally, he met Kitana's eyes with his own bright ones. 

 "Because I don't think you are as evil as you make yourself out to be" he took a step towards her, studying her features as she averted her eyes "I think you are alone"

 "That's none of your business" 

 "Maybe it isn't. But that doesn't deny the fact that you are lonely. I can see it"

 "Are you using some Jedi mind trick on me?" She asked, finally looking up. 

 " No" he smiled "it's written all over your face." he joked

 This actually caused a slight smile to creep across her face. 

 "What's that supposed to mean?" Kitana asked, almost forgetting about her mission for a second

 Anakin shared this laugh with her, also forgetting about anything and only focussing on her "it means that I think you're beautiful" 

 they both went silent. Kitana, starstruck and staring up at his seemingly flawless face, and Anakin doing the same to her

 "No one's ever said that before" she giggled 

 "No one's ever seen you like I have" he said simply. 

 "That's awfully sweet but I think I I should be getting back to Jenga" she looked away, trying to contain her emotions and her blush

 "Why?" He asked, shaking his head " I don't understand why you stay in training when you are obviously skilled enough to be on your own"

 "I don't have anywhere to go!" She explained "all I have is Jenga and his son. They're the only people who ever took intrest in me"

 "What if I said I could take you far away from here? And you could come with me and stand by me during the war!" He touched her hand softly.

 "I don't know" she shook her head, looking down "I can't"

 "Why not?! We could do this . . ." He stumbled on his words " together? We could leave together? "

Kitana looked up to him again, burrowing her eyebrows as a crease formed inbetween them

 "You don't have a life here! You could fight with me and win the war!"

 " are you serious about this? " She asked, astonished

 "Yes! We need somebody like you!"

 She sighed, thinking over the possibilities. 

 "Okay. I'll go with you." 

 He smiled and touched both of her shoulders, almost laughing

 "But under one condition. I want one of those laser swords"