He shoots his head up, his red stained eyes piercing into mine.  “We shouldn’t be ‘twinning’.  I should’ve protected you from him,” he whispers.  “Why are you laughing at that?”

I take a seat next to him and shake my head.  “I’m okay, Harry.  Please.  Can we have a fun day today?  Let’s just move on.  I’m okay.  You’re okay.  We’re all okay.  I’m still alive.”

His eyes flicker to my neck and his eyebrows instantly pull together in anguish and guilt.  I quickly cover the marks with my hand, silently flinching from the pain.

“Okay,” he says quietly.  “I guess we can celebrate since it’s your last day with Eastside.  Tomorrow will be better.  No more stress.  No more worries.”

He gives me a smile and I shoot him a fake one back.  As soon as he turns his back on me, I bite my bottom lip and let out a silent sigh.  I don’t know how to tell him about his plan that’s no longer in use.

But I guess I can push it off for a little longer.

“Can we watch a movie?” I ask, quickly changing the subject.

He nods his head, and grabs my hand to lead me into the family room.

---

I sit close to Harry for the entire movie.  Every now and again, I notice his eyes flicker towards me, watching my reactions to the movie that’s playing.  As the movie continues, his focus lingers on me longer and longer each time.

“Maybe I should go get you the bucket now, seeing as you’re drooling over me as I watch a movie,” I tease him with a small nudge to his arm.

I look towards him and smile big as the tips of his ears start to turn red.  He immediately turns his attention back to the TV and shifts away from me on the couch out of embarrassment.  I scoot closer towards him, my leg accidently grazing against his thigh.  I stare at the small space in between us.  If we could have more time together, I bet something great would happen between us.  I wish something would happen between us.

“What are you thinking about?” Harry asks, bringing me out of my trance.  The movie still plays in front of us.

I shake my head, blush spreading across my cheeks.  “Nothing,” I whisper with a smile.

“Tell me,” he says while nudging my side playfully.

I bite my bottom lip, still smiling.  “Um…dogs?”  I look up at him and suppress the laugh that wants to escape.  He furrows his eyebrows at me.  “I mean…I was just thinking about…how…things do…” my voice trails off.

He scoffs at my fragmented sentence before a small smile spreads across his face.  “I think my ears are sensing some little, white lies.”

I smirk and look down at my hands.  I’m embarrassed to tell him that I was thinking about him.

“Please?” he begs.  He’s giving me puppy dog eyes and pouting out his lip.

I let out a sigh, my stomach flips with butterflies.  “Um I was thinking about…you and I…I guess,” I mumble.

His eyebrows raise at my response.  “You and I?” he repeats in shock.

I bite my lip and look down at my legs.  I barely nod my head.

“I was too,” he admits after a long pause.  “I pictured us living happily together, without worrying about this mess.”

He looks down at me with a sweet and caring look in his eye.  I gulp and look down at my hands.  “What would you do if I somehow…got sold tomorrow?”  I scratch the back of my neck as I wait for him to reply.  I hope he doesn’t notice anything weird with my question.