I sighed in frustration, “I mean do you want to go back to your selfish, crazy-ass, ex-girlfriend Nikki?”

She shook her head, “I… don’t think so?”

I stood, not being able to take this talk anymore, “You know what you need? Wine.”

I stalked over to the cabinet that held the alcohol and poured Megan a glass, along with myself because honestly, I needed to relax too. Megan began to protest against but I forced it into her hand, not allowing her to refuse.

She studied me, “Are you trying to get me drunk?”

I laughed, “No, I’m just trying to get you to relax and tell me exactly what is wrong with you.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“That’s why we’re going to figure it out right now.”

She sipped on her wine, almost downing the entire glass before bringing it away from her lips. She sighed heavily, “Sam, this isn’t right, and you know it.”

I waved my hand, “Yes I know, I’ve been knowing, oh well. Do you like being controlled by a psycho bitch?”

She looked at me, “No.”

I nodded, “Ok, good. We’ve already made progress then. Second, do you still want to fuck Nikki?”

Megan’s eyes dropped, swirling her wine in the process, “Kind of.”

I threw myself back on the couch, “Is it because you love her or because she’s smoking hot?”

Megan put down her glass, standing, “I can’t do this.”

I stood too, grabbing her hand and preventing her from leaving me. I shook my head, “Megan, I’m just trying to help you.”

She stared at me, and then I witnessed her eyes glance at my lips for a slight second, and then back to my eyes. She pulled her arm away from her slowly, “I’m more worried about this lie you started.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m not, no one knows besides you, me, Nikki, and her freaky little cousin that I assumed to be her girlfriend.”

I coaxed her back to the couch, pouring her some more wine as I leaned back and watched her. She seemed to be battling with something within, and I was wondering if it was still over Nikki or something else.

Her worried blue eyes were still haunting, and her body language still managed to turn me on, even after everything that had happened today. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her, and suddenly everything around me no longer mattered.

Megan and I had come a long way since meeting each other.