Daenerys remained silent, waiting for Alysanne to continue.

"I was a girl when I visited my grandfather in the Riverlands, but it was an amazing experience. There were no knights in the North, but they were everywhere in the South. I watched them train and fight and I was so fascinated. I wanted to be a knight."

"Ser Alysanne Stark," Daenerys says with a smile, "It has a ring to it."

Alysanne shook her head, "No it doesn't, but when I was younger I thought it did."

"So, the Riverlands are filled with knights, the north is cold, and King's Landing is filled with murderers, liars, and back stabbers," Daenerys looks back at Meereen, "Sounds lovely."

"No matter where you go there will be liars and back stabbers," Alysanne says thoughtfully, "No one can trust anyone."

Daenerys looks at Alysanne, "I trust you."

"I trust you too," Alysanne says.

Their moment is cut short when Barristan and Grey Worm enter the room with a sense of urgency. Alysanne's smile disappears as she pushes herself off the balcony and toward Barristan and Grey Worm. Mossador, a former slave who now spoke for the freed people and Missandei enter the room a moment later, completing Daenerys council.

"What is it?" Daenerys's asks, her eyes flickering between Barristan and Grey Worm. Barristan places a mask on the table. Alysanne looks at it, uncertain of what it symbolizes.

"The Sons of Harpy, Your Grace," Grey Worm says, his helmet tucked under his arm, "They slayed one of my men."

Daenerys's eyes fall back on Barristan, "Are you certain of this?" He nods.

In a moment like this one, Alysanne wishes she were standing next to Missandei, that way she could ask questions without the fear of being judged.

"They slashed the throat of one of my men," Grey Worm says, "He was visiting a whorehouse." Daenerys and Alysanne raise their eyebrows in surprise for two separate reasons.

"They haven't killed before," Daenerys says, leaving Alysanne to assume that these people had been around for a while.

"It was a matter of time, Your Grace," Barristan says, "Conquers are always met with resistance."

Daenerys frowns at that, "I didn't conquer them, their own people did."

Mossador and Daenerys exchange words in Valyrian, and Alysanne really wishes that Missandei was beside her, since she could only make out a couple of words.

"What was the name of the man you lost?" Daenerys asks, speaking to Grey Worm.

"White Rat, Your Grace."

"I want him buried. Properly and publicly," Daenerys says.

"Won't that upset the Sons of Harpy," Alysanne says, feigning confidence as she speaks. She knows nothing of the Sons of the Harpy, they might be glad that Daenerys is burying White Rat publicly.

"Angry snakes lash out," Daenerys said, meeting Alysanne's gaze, "Makes chopping off their head easier."

"Interesting logic," Alysanne says without much thought.

Daenerys gives Alysanne a quick smile before turning her attention to Barristan and Grey Worm, "Find the men who did this and bring them to me."

Barristan and Grey Worm nod respectfully before taking their leave. Missandei follows Grey Worm, as does Mossador, leaving Daenerys and Alysanne alone as they were before.