24

"Looks like we got an upgrade" Wendy said. 

"Yep" 

----------

Peters pov  

I walked back to my place with baggy Hello Kitty Pants and a shirt that said 'I survived my trip to NYC'.  The whole way back i couldn't get my mind off of Y/n. I'm such a screw-up. If I would've just listened or something. Now I can never see her again, I just had to drag her out of class. I looked up and I was already standing face to face with the door. I knocked on it and May answered. I gave her a sheepish smile and she walked away, I went inside and she started going off. 

"I've been calling you all day, you didn't answer your phone. You can't do that, and then this Ferry thing happens. I've called 5 police stations, 5. I called 5 of your friends, I called Ned's mother-" 

"May, i'm fine just honestly relax, i'm fine" I said. 

"Cut the bullshit, I know you left detention, I know you left the hotel room in Washington, I know you sneak out every night. Its not fine, Peter you have to tell me whats going on. Just lay it out, its just me and you" She said. I felt my eyes starting to water. 

"I lost the Stark Internship" I said sitting down. 

"What happened" She asked. 

"I just thought I could work really hard, and he could- you know, but I screwed it up and lost Y/n" I said but mumbled the last part, so she didn't hear. May patted my head. 

"Its okay, it's okay" She said comforting me. 

"I'm sorry i made you worry" I said. She sighed. 

"its okay, i'm not trying to ruin your life, you know i used to sneak out too" she said. I nodded my head we stayed like that for a while until she sniffed my hair. 

"Peter go take a shower you smell like garbage" I slowly got up. 

"I know, I know" 

Your pov 

I woke up for school and did my everyday things, but this time it felt more different. When I was packing all my stuff in my backpack I left my suit out. I headed to the down stairs kitchen and saw Vision and Wanda making pancakes. 

"Hey Vis, and Wanda" I said sitting down on one of the bar stools. Wanda looked up and smiled at me. 

"Eat, today is a fresh day" Wanda said giving me a pancake. I thanked her and ate it. When I was done I got a text from happy saying that he was ready to drive me. I said bye to Vision and Wanda and went to the garage. I hoped into the car and off we went. 

When we arrived at the school, Happy said bye and I waved to him. I went to my locker and put my stuff in it taking out my books. I looked down the hall and saw Peter looking at me from his locker, I gave him a little smile and he gave one back then turned his attention towards Ned. 

"Y/n, the principle needs to see you" Said one of the teachers walking by. I nodded my head and went to the office. I knocked on the door and went in. 

"You wanted to see me" I said. 

"Yes Y/n L/n, take a seat" He said. I sat down. 

"Before class starts I wanted to give you your new schedule" He said handing me a piece of paper. I looked at it, all my classes were the same but just re-arranged so I didn't have any with Peter. 

"Is this all" I said politely. He sighed. 

"I know you ditched class, but since you're a smart kid and this is your first time then I won't take any action, but if you do it again then its detention" He said. He gestured me out, I took all of my things and headed to my new first period. 

It was half-way through the day and Peter and I haven't bumped into each other. School is different without him. I did have Ned in some classes though and I told him everything that went down. He seemed to understand. 

"I can tell Peter misses you" Ned says. I gesture him to go on. He sighs and continues. "In first period he kept looking at the desk you used to sit in, you know he really likes you" Ned says. 

"I really like him too, but Tony just had to do this" I said. Ned nodded. 

"Maybe I can get Peter to ask you to Homecoming" He said. My eyes widen. 

"As much as I will love that its probably not going to work, we're not even aloud to talk to each other, plus I know you said he likes me but what if he stopped, what if he hates me" I said. 

"He doesn't hate you, and trust me he probably still like you" He says. I smile at Ned. 

"Thanks, but I have to return this book" I say grabbing my overdue library book. I walk out the class and head over to the Media Center. On my way there I hear  familiar voices. I turn the corner and see Peter and Liz talking. I quickly hide behind the wall and listen. 

"I just wanted to apologize about the decathlon" I hear Peter say. 

"No its fine, I mean the Decathlon was everything, but I also almost lost my life that day" Liz says. 

"No its not fine, especially because I uh I...like you" Peter says to Liz. My heart drops, of course he doesn't like me. Who would like a girl that controls elements and probably won't ever have a normal life. 

"I know" Liz says. I want to go, but i'm frozen as I hear the rest of the conversation unfold. 

"You do" he says. 

"Yes, you're terrible at keeping secrets" I hear Peter laugh. 

"well I got to go, I would like to hang out but I got detention for like forever. Umm I guess you already have a date to homecoming" He says. 

"Well actually I never got around to it, I've been busy" Liz says. 

"Well...You wanna... go with me" Peter says. My heart drops even more. 

"Sure" is the last thing I hear. I turn around and start walking away tears on the verge of falling.  

Expect more updates