❅ twenty-seven

baby jungoo uwu
(most of the chapter takes place at the same time as the last one)

baby jungoo uwu (most of the chapter takes place at the same time as the last one)

Kim Taehyung

I paced the eerily silent halls, night bringing about a suffocating and tense silence in the castle. With both King and Queen gone, it was easy to see how things could begin to spiral out of control but yet remain so..composed.
The mourning period gave us time to think of where to go next and what exactly to tell the nation in terms of who from the three of us was to step forward to become King or Queen.

However, that was a matter that needed to be pushed behind for the time being. For now we just needed to focus on staying alive, and hoping we can make it through this war.
I lit and blew the candles lining the walls as I passed them, allowing me to see the corridor ahead. I came to a stop before reaching the rooms, hearing footsteps behind me. I forced my way into the mind of the person behind me, to hear their thoughts.

Shit, I heard Shin Hoseok's voice, immediately turning around. He was crouched down, the sudden attack painful.

"Oh, God!" I exclaimed, running over to help him. "I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was you."

"It's okay, your Majesty," He groaned, standing up. "I can't blame you. I shouldn't sneak up on you like this, but it's rare that you're alone."

"Why do you need me alone?"

"Nothing bad, I just wanted to tell you something," he peered around. "however these walls have ears. Could we maybe go to the gardens?"

"Sure," I shrugged, leading the way out into the nippy air. Hoseok walked over to the nearest bench, where I sat myself down. "is everything okay?"

"Okay, listen. Since my trial, I have been trying to redeem myself, but the Dynasty still has a tight grip on me. I went over there earlier and I caught wind of some things and I thought I should let you know," he said. "their ballistic power could match the Royal Navy and Army, and they somehow have hold of biological weaponry and airplanes too. They're a force to be reckoned with, your Majesty."

"Why are you telling me this?" I blurted out, ignoring how the hairs at the back of my neck stood on end. "If anything you should reach out to Namjoon, Hoseok and Generals Lee and Seunghyun-"

"No!" Hoseok exclaimed. "The first three? Sure, but he..Seunghyun. Be careful with him."

"Why's that?"

"Because he's working with the Dynasty. I've seen him at plenty of meetings with Mina," he said. "and I'm telling you this because no offence, but you're the only one here who could make something happen. Cause damage."

I knitted my brows in confusion. "I-"

"Don't ask me to explain, I guess you just have this flicker of something in you and you'll put up a mean fight for what you stand for," he chuckled. "maybe that's why Jeongguk is so crazy for you."