Making It Up To You

It felt weird to wake up without Neymar next to me. Even though I was mad at him, once he explained everything, I couldn't be upset with him even if I tried. I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready.

Halfway down the stairs, the smell of coffee instantly hit me. Ney must've been cooking breakfast. I snuck down the stairs so he wouldn't hear me. He was at the stove cooking something, and I had to hold back a laugh at his attempt of trying to move the pan around with just one good arm. He was shirtless and had on a pair of soccer shorts. After I let out a giggle, he realized I was there.

"Oh, hey. Good morning," he said sheepishly. "I made you breakfast."

He must think I'm still mad at him. I didn't want to tell him right away that I heard everything from last night. But then again, in three days he'd be all the way in Spain, while I'd be stuck here in Brazil. I wanted to enjoy spending these last days with him before he had to leave.

"Good morning," I mumbled, "What are you cooking?"

"I tried to surprise you with a nice breakfast in bed, but since you're awake now it's not much of a surprise." he chuckled.

"Well thank you, even if it isn't a surprise. I'm always up for food." I smiled.

"This is just a little something to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left the house without telling you, and making you worried. So, for the next couple days, I'm going to make it up to you."

"Neymar, you don't have to do that. I forgive you, it's fine."

"No, I want to make you happy. I want to show you that I'm not a bad guy."

"I know you're not a bad guy," I sighed, wondering whether or not I should tell him now that I like him, considering he'll be gone in three days, "I... I like-"

All of a sudden, Neymar yelped out in pain. He sat on the floor and leaned against the oven.

"What happened?" I yelled.

"I, I leaned back on the stove, my hand." he let out in short breaths.

Great, now he had an injured arm and a burned hand. At least the oven wasn't on too, or his back would've burned.

"You really have a talent at getting injured. Hold on, I remember my mom putting aloe gel on me when I was around twelve. I burned myself with a hair straightener."

I went to my terrace, pulled off a piece of aloe plant, and hurried back to him. I started to rub the plant's gel on his hand. His face relaxed and he closed his eyes, leaning his head back.

I looked up at him and stopped rubbing the aloe on his hand. He looked down and stared at my lips, then back to my eyes. We both started to lean in at the same time, but something stopped me.

"We should probably finish the food, before it burns." I whispered.

Neymar swallowed and nodded. He got up, then helped me up as well.

"So Bea, after we're done eating, I'm taking you to town. We're going shopping."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to buy you whatever you want. I owe you."

"No you don't. I'm not letting you."

Neymar grabbed two plates and started putting the food on it. He carried the plates to the table I was sitting at, and sat down himself.

"Please let me take you. I really want to. It'll make me feel better." He stuck out his bottom lip and made a puppy dog face.

"Oh, fine." I mumbled while eating the delicious omelette Neymar made.