The Call

I didn't get up from my floor until Mila knocked.

"Beatriz! I'm here, open up!" Mila frantically pounded on my door.

She sounded really worried. I opened the door quickly and I was instantly wrapped in a hug.

"Shhh, it's okay." Mila rubbed my back, trying to soothe me.

I took some deep breaths, and tried to stop sobbing. I took a second to clear my mind. I shouldn't be crying right now. Neymar and I aren't dating, and he doesn't even know I like him. I shouldn't cry over him being with his girlfriend.

I calmed down, and started to tell Mila what happened, "After our run, I came home. Neymar wasn't here. He disappeared and I couldn't find him. I looked all around town and he was no where to be found, until I went to his house. It was the last place I could think of. He was there, but he was with someone. The same girl that was on the necklace, was on top of him, in his bed."

Sobs started to shake my body again. A thought suddenly hit me. What if Neymar came home, right now? He can't see me like this, I'm a mess because of him.

"Look Bea, I don't know why he left to go to his house to meet up with that girl, but all I know is that something's not right here," Mila sighed. "Once we figure out what it is, this will all be better."

"Mila, that's not the point. The point is that it was a mistake on my part to have feelings for Neymar, to even care in the first place." I grabbed my head, which was now aching in pain.

"No, you can't blame yourself. You can't pick who you like. Your heart does," Mila stood up. "Now, to cheer you up, let's watch some of your favorite movies and eat some of your favorite food."

"Alright," I wiped my eyes and fanned my face. "I'm gonna go freshen up. I'll be down in a bit."

I went upstairs to go take a scalding shower to clear my head. I got in and quickly scrubbed my body with my favorite vanilla body wash. I washed my long, curly hair and hopped out.

I wasn't going to let Neymar put me in a bad mood. I changed into my softest pair of sweat pants and a fuzzy sweater with the name of my soccer team written across.

As I was walking down the stairs, the smell of pizza and popcorn made my mouth water.

"Alright Rizzy, I got enough pizza to feed an army, and a whole bunch of popcorn. The movies are all set up too. Get ready for Forrest Gump, Magic Mike, The Conjuring, and many other favorites" Mila winked.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have Mila as a best friend. We were practically twins. She picked out the perfect movies, from comedy, to chick flicks, to horror. She also got me food, which she knows is my favorite thing ever. I swear, we have the same minds.

I grabbed a couple slices of pizza and found a comfortable spot on the couch.The movie started and so did my eating marathon.

Two movies and eight slices later, I started to become a little sleepy. I looked over at Mila, and she was fast asleep, with her hand in the popcorn bowl. I grinned to myself, and turned off the movie. I started to clean up a bit, and put away any leftovers. I heard a door open, then close, and I just thought it was Mila using the bathroom or something.

"Mila?" I shouted.

Her light snoring was still audible. I swear, that girl always falls asleep.

"No, Beatriz, it's me." a man's voice filled the room, and I froze. It was, without a doubt, Neymar.

I had about ten seconds to think this through. Play it cool and pretend I know nothing? Tell him I know about everything and yell? I didn't know what to do.