Chapter 5: First Day

My alarm clock buzzed at five-thirty. I yawned and climbed out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and plugged in the flat iron. I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth when the bathroom door swung open.

                “Oh good Taylor, your awake. I was afraid you were still sleeping.” Mom said.

                I nodded. I started to wash my face. I don’t know why, but for some reason, having my mom sit there staring at me was kind of weird. I dried my face then started to flat iron my hair.

                When I finished flattening my hair and I unplugged it, mom walked back to her own room.

                I walked back into my room to my closet. I pulled out my V-Neck Superman shirt and purple lace camisole. After putting on my bra and camisole, and sliding on some skinny jeans, I heard the same tapping on my window from the night before. I turned around and saw Dustin with a big grin on his face. Hoping he didn’t see anything, I opened the window.

                “You didn’t see anything right?” I asked, as he climbed in.

                “No I swear. I didn’t see anything. I just wanted to see you.” He replied.

                “You want to see me right now? It’s six-twenty in the morning and you want to see me now? That’s nice of you.” I replied sarcastically.

                “Of course I want to see you. We’re dating remember? I always want to spend time with you.”

                He walked toward me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

                “Since you started school late, and it’s December, I have a surprise for you.” Dustin said, still holding me.

                “Okay, what's the surprise?” I said, smiling.

                “Well, at the school, there having Christmas Dance Party thing at school, and I was wondering if you would want to go with me? It’s after school at four through nine at night and its tomorrow. Will you go with me? I’ll pick you up, and not through the window.” He said smiling.

                Wait. Is this really happening? First I break up with Nathan, move to Washington, get another boyfriend the same day, and now he wants me to go with him to a school dance? It seems as if moving to Washington was the greatest idea of all time. I smiled and looked up at him.

                “Of course I’ll go with you; I wouldn’t want you to be the only loner there.” I replied, sarcastically.

                He smiled and kissed my cheek. He climbed out the window and jumped down. As he started to run back towards his house, I finally noticed what he was wearing.

                He was wearing a dark grey sweatshirt with dark red skinny jeans. He had to be the most absolute cutest guy I’ve seen. I grabbed my shirt and threw it on. I powered my face and applied some mascara.

                I walked downstairs and found my mom making pancakes while talking on her cell phone. I turned on the TV and fell on the couch.

                “Taylor, breakfast is ready.” Mom called from the kitchen.

                I got up and grabbed my plate, and sat back down on the couch. While I was eating, I kept thinking about Dustin. I finished eating and put the plate in the dishwasher. A few minutes later I heard the doorbell ring twice. I walked over to the door and opened it to see Dustin and another semi cute guy beside him. I smiled at Dustin, barely noticing the other guy.