Chapter 3: Home Sweet Home

The plane ride took about two hours. We landed in Wenatchee, and mom hired a limo guy drive us to our new house.

When we were nearing the town, we saw a sign that said: “Welcome to Anderson Town!”

Great. Nothing better than a cheesy town name to ease your mind.

“See Taylor? The town seems nice.” Dad said.

“Dad, we haven’t met or seen anyone yet.” I replied.

Dad grinned, but didn’t say anything. He didn’t like to argue or fight, unlike mom who always won.

We arrived at our new home a few minutes later. A big U-Haul truck was parked outside our house. You could clearly make out the driver sleeping in the driver’s seat. I left my big suitcase with dad and mom and grabbed my backpack and walked into the house.

It looked slightly larger than our California house. It was a two story house. I walked up the stairs into the hallway. There were signs on the doors indicating which room belonged to each person. I found my room and opened the door.

It looked about the same size as my old room. The U-Haul guy had already put my bed and dressing table into my room. I threw my backpack on my bed and looked around my room.

There were two other doors in my room. One was my closet, and the other was a connected bathroom. Someone knocked on my door.

“Come in.” I called. Dad walked in.

“Hi sweetie. How do you like your new bedroom?” asked dad.

“Yeah, my rooms okay I guess.” I replied.

Dad put my suitcase by my closet. The U-Haul guy walked in and put some boxes that I had wrote “Taylor’s” on, and set them on the floor.

“I’ll give you some time to redecorate and unpack.” Said dad as he and the U-Haul guy walked out the door.

I opened the box that said “Posters” on it, and saw my Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber posters. I emptied them all out and grabbed some thumb tacks, and started pinning them to my wall. My room was painted a new fresh color of light purple; my favorite color.

Next I opened the box that said “Makeup” on it and found all my makeup things. I found my eyelash curler, powder, mascara, hair curler, hair flattener, brushes, and cases of perfume.

I opened up my suitcase and the rest of the boxes, and put all my clothes away. I grabbed the other boxes and walked into my bathroom. I put away my shampoos and other shower items. I walked back into my room and my cell phone began to ring. It was Nathan.

“Hello?”

“Can’t believe you broke up with me.” Nathan replied.

“If you’re going to keep stressing about this, then im going to hang up.”

“Fine, I’ll stop. How’s Washington.”

“It’s ok so far. I um, got to go bye.” I said, hanging up. I didn’t really feel like talking to him right now. Besides, I heard mom calling me.

“Oh there you are Taylor.” Mom said as she walked into my room. An actually very cute guy who looked like he was around my age was following her. He had chocolate brown hair and really beautiful light green eyes.

“Taylor, this is Dustin. He said he would show you around the neighborhood if you like.” Mom said, as she started walking out the door. “I’ll leave you two to talk and get to know each other.”

Dustin grinned a little bit when he saw me. He looked around my room.

“You really like Justin Bieber don’t you?” He asked, grinning. It shocked me how cute his grin was.

“Yeah, do you have a problem?” I asked. He smiled.

“No need to get defensive. I was just asking.” I got a little embarrassed, but I didn’t show it.

“Do you want to go get something to eat? I’ll show you the school too if you want.” Dustin said

“I’d love that.” I replied.

“Cool.”

I got up and followed him out the door. I told mom that we were leaving and then we left. I asked him where we were eating and he replied by saying we were going to “McDonalds”.

“Okay im just going to admit something. I’ve never eaten at McDonalds before.” I told Dustin.

He seemed very shocked by what I said.

“Oh my god. You’ve never, ever, eaten there?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“So, Dustin, do you have a girlfriend?” I asked. I hoped I didn’t sound desperate.

“Nope, I broke up with my girl about six months ago. I’ve had lots of ask outs, but I never said yes. I just wanted to stay single for a while.” He replied.

“Or are you still trying to get over her?”

“Nah, I’m completely over her. I actually was glad I got rid of her. She was kind of getting on my nerves.” He smiled.

We walked over to the closest McDonalds we found. Dustin got in line, and ordered me a big mac with a small fries. He led me over to a booth.

“Taylor, can I ask you something?” Dustin asked.

“Sure, ask me anything.” I replied.

“I know this sounds weird and kind of like I’m a stalker, but I kind of already know you.”

“Wait what?”

“Your dad knew my dad since they went to high school together and your dad had me fly down to California to see you.” He said, as he grabbed some fries. “I never talked to you because you were always busy. I know a lot about you.”

“So you’re saying?”

“Do you want to go out with me?”