Chapter 10 "Incinerate"

Start from the beginning

I rise to stand with her and she puts a hand on each of my upper arms. 

"Can you forgive me?"

I look into her eyes and realize I can't really keep up my anger, it won't change anything.

"I can forgive you, but can you appreciate that I am not quite over this yet."

She embraces me and gives me one of her best mom hugs.

"I get it sweetie, I can give you time. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thank you. The doll helped, I can feel my ancestors."

"The doll?" Mom seems surprised so I show her the doll and explain that Aradia located it for me. 

"I recognize it, it's a powerful Reine Des Sorts totem. And lesson number one, that's what all spell casting is, calling on your ancestors."

She turns towards the exit with an arm around my shoulders.

"Which is why you are so important - very few witches have been as powerful as the women in your family. You were born to lead this coven." 

Miss Hazel from school suddenly appears in the doorway with Hermione and Willow blocking our exit. 

"Hello again Erika. Samantha, may I speak with you privately? I'm sure Erika would like to see her room, it's getting late and we do have classes tomorrow."

"Yes Hazel, of course." My mom warmly greets my teacher with a handshake and a kiss on each cheek. 

"Erika, why don't you go with the girls and get settled into your new room. I'll be up to say goodnight to you before I leave." 

"Sure Mom, sounds good. Miss Hazel, see you tomorrow I assume." I nod at my teacher as she enters the room and my mom returns to the sofa to take a seat on the edge. 

"Come on Erika, let's go upstairs to your room." Hermione tuggs on my arm and I follow her down the hall. 

I follow Hermione to a room on the second floor. the room is beautiful, with an ornate fireplace and a four poster bed.  

"Your mom brought you something to wear to bed when she arrived. Willow's got you covered for tomorrow so you don't have to worry about what to wear to school."

Hermione hands me a bag with one of my oversized tshirts - funny, it's one that says "Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - and a pair of booty shorts to wear underneat. 

I pop behind the antique screen in the corner and change into my clothes for bed. I'm exhausted enough to jump right in, I don't care who is in the room with me. 

I pull back the covers and hop onto the bed, something is nagging at me. 

My Mom and my teacher seem like more than just old college friends.

"Hermione, how do  my mother and Miss Hazel really know each other?"

Hermione perches on the edge of the bed.

"Your mom grew up with Miss Hazel, but they were once members of the same coven. Miss Hazel knew you when you were a baby, she helped your mother with the spell that bound your magic."

"And when we left them downstairs, were they talking about school plans for tomorrow?"

Before Hermione can answer there is a knock at the door - it's Morgan. 

"One second!" Hermione calls out.

"Are you ok for me to let them in?" She whispers and looks down at my exposed thighs - booty shorts, got to love them.