Chapter 9 "Cinderella's Big Score"

"I don't know what to believe anymore. Everything that's happening is so unreal." 

I'm standing up to stretch my legs, and pacing in front of Morgan and Willow on the sofa.

"Erika, I'm not apologizing for any of the lies I've told. I was trying to keep you safe and I'd do it again." Morgan's eyes follow me as I pace like I'm a tennis match.

"Morgan you've left out information and pretended not to know who I was when you did. Now my mother is on her way to corroborate this crazy story about Erika the powerful coven leading witch. I think you can understand if I'm not giving away pardons at the moment." I finally decide to sit down on the sofa across from them.

 "I'm not denying that I deceived you but I want you to understand I couldn't just tell you everything - what would you have thought if you hadn't seen Charles tonight for yourself?" 

I give Morgan a glance that says he's just won some solid points. He's right, seeing Charles so horribly injured and then virtually healed by the power of magic - I couldn't disregard it. 

"Ok, let's see what my mother has to say for herself when she gets here." I sit back and cross my arms.

Hermione stands up from where she has been perched on the edge of the sofa. 

"Anyone who doesn't have to be here, clear out and get back to your posts." Morgan, Willow and Hermione stay in the room with me, everyone else leaves.

Wow, she says jump and everyone does - why does she think she needs me to lead her "coven"...

 "Erika your mom will be here really soon. It doesn't take very long to travel to a location when a witch has been summoned." Hermione takes the vacant sofa seat next to me.

"Right, my mother, hopping on her broomstick or sprinkling a little powder inside a fireplace - why does she even bother to collect airline points?"

 Hermione ignores my sarcasm.

"While we wait for her, there's something Aradia would like us to try. You have to try to believe in your power Erika because it's always been inside of you. Will you let Willow try to help you?" 

I nod, raise and drop one of my arms as a sign of submission.

Willow sits forward on the edge of her sofa and prepares to "help" me get in touch with my inner witch.

"Ok Erika, close your eyes. I want you to think of an ornate bathroom sink - a beautiful, crafted stone sink. Lighting in the room you're in is perfect and reflecting off of the stone beautifully. The fixtures are 24 karat gold. The sink is full of warm, warm, soapy water - a soft, misty, steam glides across the water's suface."

I picture the room, the sink, the water - I can't see what this has to do with my inner witch.

"Now picture the drain stopper at the bottom. The water is blocked, it cannot pass down the drain - unless you slowly pull out the drain stopper and let the water drain." 

Willow pauses again as I picture the stopper at the bottom of the sink. 

"The water is your magic Erika. You are the stopper, you are blocking your own magic. Slowly pull the plug, let the water drain, and free your magic. Let it flow from beyond the place where it has been trapped by your parent's spell all these years."

I don't think it's working.

"Erika, you can open your eyes - I can tell that this isn't going to work." Willow echoes the sentiment in my head. Relieved, I open my eyes.