???

Peter smiled to himself, laughing while he thought about the previous conversation with the Avengers.  His family brought happiness to Peter's life. In a way, they're the light in Peter's darkness.

But, in the end, they can't always protect him from his demons.

Going to sleep, Peter couldn't stop turning and tossing.

The happy thoughts became faded recollections that Peter barely grasped. Thinking too deep, Peter's fear consumed him-

And, he closed his eyes. Shut.
---

In many ways, Peter knew his subconscious would bring him here.

In front of Peter,  laid Gwen Stacey splattered on hard concrete. Peter remembered her scream, silencing after her spine snapped against the harsh impact. He remembered his fingertips grazing her warm cheek until she dissolved into ashes. 

Ashes she became, nothing but the ashes remained.

Soon, Peter found himself in front of a coffin.

"Aunt May," Peter choked, his cries became the symphony within the darkness that surrounds him. 

Peter's plead unheard.

His Aunt, Sweet May, buried.

---

Peter shot up in his bed, barely able to breathe. Behind him, Peter felt a hand calmly brush his back.

"Breathe," the unfamiliar voice ushered.

"Who?"

"That's it," before the person stabbed Peter with a syringe in Peters' arm. Too stunned to react, Peter sat there. Trying to fight the urge to shut his eyes but failed to keep his eyes from fluttering shut once more.

Peters' eye fluttered opened, looking around to see that he was strapped to a chair. Peter looked around at the poorly-lit room, there was a table filled with tools beside him.

An unfamiliar man walked in, "hey, look who's awake," the bald man hummed.

"Who are you?" Peter managed.

"Oh, how rude of me, I'm Ajax, little Peter boy," the man replied, walking over to the table right next to Peter.

"Why?" Peter asked looking at the table full of supplies.

"Because you are going to be my super slave," Ajax replied with a wicked grin plastered on his face. Peter didn't know how to respond so he kept quiet.

Ajax grabbed a needle that was connected to a large dirty tube, sticking it in Peters' arm. Black liquid started flowing slowly into Peters' veins. Peter struggled against his restraints, scared of what the thick liquid could be. "Please stop!" The sixteen year old boy pleaded.

"Why would I ? Aren't we having fun?"

"God just don't hurt anyone"

"Unlike you, I can kill anyone I want, I don't make accidents I haven't killed three of my loved ones" Ajax casually told the body. With a sinister laugh, he pulled up a laptop and started playing clips of Uncle Ben, Gwen, and Aunt Mays death. Peter struggled against the restraints that held him down. "They could still be alive, but they all died because of you," Ajax walked over to Peter, who was closing his eyes. Peter couldn't bear seeing these nightmares again. Walking behind the table, Ajax and pried Peters' eyes open. "It's all your fault," he whispered. While tears slid down Peters cheeks with ease.

The black liquid stopped flowing, the video stopping in perfect unison. Peters' eyes were pink and puffy, his shirt soaked in sweat. Ajax rolled peter's body to the torture area. He plastered Peter on the wall, using the boy as a punching bag

Peter stood there, taking the punches with groans and aches. the color of red wine painted his face, however soon, the palette soon became complete black. Seeing the blood's change in color, Peter was moved over to an electric chair and zapped until he passed out.

Ajax threw the corpse-like body into a small metal cell.

Leaving the body there, Peter slept for the five hours given.