lyla's past

chapter 5 - lyla's past and dropping the M bomb

Macey's POV:

"guys, we have to tell you something but first off dont even think about lying. i can read your mind."  blake commanded with authority. they flinched but relaxed immediately.

they looked at the both of us confused. i breathed in "guysyourmatesandyouloveeachotherimeanyourmadeforeachotherimeanyoursoulmates" i said in one breath. i breathed out.

"did you catch that?" he turned to lyla and asked. she shook her head. i sighed. "she said your soulmates." blake said in a flat tone.

they were just staring at us. i can feel lyla's heartbeat. it getting faster and faster and faster. then she breathed in and out two times.  

she them screamed at the top of her lungs. "now thats out i can breathe normally" she sighed content. i can still feel her doubts. she doubts his heart. she's scared.

"did you hear that ly? were mates" kyle jumped for joy. lyla soon followed and they were jumping up and down. they were busy celebrating.

i signaled blake to go out with me. he nodded. "blake i can feel her fear. what happened?" i asked him s soon as we stepped out. he stiffened. his eyes darted away from me to lyla. he breathed in.

"before, when she was really small our dad went overseas, he told her that he'd come home on her birthday. she was really happy hearing that from our dad.

when her birthday came she was so excited she kept saying 'daddy's coming home, daddy's coming home'. she waited and waited and waited but he never came home.

she went up my room and told me that she's tired and she wants me to sing her to sleep. being a kid i didnt look into it much.

i mean our dad never really cared for us but when lyla was born he became really distant to her.

when she asked him to play with her he'll gently dismiss her by sayin ghe's busy working for us. for her. she'll and say 'sorry daddy' and walk up to me and invite me and the others instead.

when we were a bit older lyla grew up like that. really pretty, tall, unique hair and eye color, nice. sweet, kind and everything else. she grew up perfect, with every sense of the word. our dad came home from overseas drunk.

i think  he stayed there for 8 years without ever coming home. when he got home, he saw lyla lying on the couch sleeping.

he crept up to her and kissed her on the lips. he sexually harassed her. we didnt know until she screamed really loud cause he bit his hand.

she was so scared. the man whose supposed to be taking care of her broke her. he gave her pain. a wound that wound scar her for the rest of her life.

after that incident she never talked to anyone. we talked to our dad. he said she looks exactly like mom. she does. she resembled our mom so much." he closed his eyes. i cried.

i never realised how tragic her past have been. i wouldnt know that cause the girl i see now is really jolly and friendly. i looked at her. she was smiling.

she was happy now. i cried harder.

he opened his eyes and breathed in and out. "she didnt talk to anyone for 6 months. she couldnt sleep, couldnt eat. we were really sad and scared but we knew that we have to stay strong for her. one night i heard a knock on my door.

i opened the door and there she was standing crying. "blake im scared" was the first words out of her mouth. i immediately hugged her.

' i didnt know what to do. he said he loved me but i knew it was wrong. i killed him blake, i killed him. ' she was sobbing. i tried to comfort her.