Epilogue

9 Months Later

You placed a hand on your bulging stomach, feeling a small kick before it stopped. Jellal always said it was because the baby didn't want to hurt you. You knew it was silly to believe him, but it gave you something to think about and you hoped the baby had the heart of their dad.

You waddle around the kitchen, cleaning the surfaces as you prepared to make a relaxing cup to tea. The herbs inside bitter but perfect for pregnant women; but, you could feel three pairs of eyes glued to your every move. With a sigh you turn as carefully as you could. Your hands on your hips, partly resting on your overly large, pregnant belly.

"What!" You huff, your eyes meeting the three that pretended to be staring at anything but you, "oh, now none of you are watching me!"

Meredy smiled sheepishly and met your eyes, "sorry (Y/N), we're just worried," her eyes dropped down to your bulging belling and back up to meet your eyes. Your eyes narrowed at the act.

"I'm fine! I have handled a lot worse than being pregnant!" You say, partially thinking aloud. You had been thinking a lot about the past recently, mostly to avoid think about the future and being a mother.

Eric met your eyes, and grinned, "sure, but just so you know..."

You huff, throwing your hands up in the air, "I know, I know," you try badly to imitate his voice, "I can read your thoughts!" Bloody protective dragon slayer. Just because Jellal isn't here...He was out for the week on a job, it wasn't important that it needed all of them, but a small dark guild was terrorising a town. Jellal, Richard, Macbeth and Sawyer had left, leaving the others here with you.

Erik narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything else, nothing more needed to be said, and the hormones were making you extra cranky. You carried on cleaning the kitchen, trying to ignore the eyes that continued to follow you. You noticed Sorano didn't say anything, but she was still trying to convince you to call the kid after her, so she was trying to get on your good side. She also claimed her name was unisex, you didn't believe her.

You glanced up at the shelf, but before you could reach for it, Erik reached over your head and pulled down the pot of tea leaves. You thanked him, before turning to put the kettle on the hob, only Meredy was already there, lighting the stove.

You laughed at their antics and waddled into the living room, waiting for the kettle to boil. The three followed you, Meredy and Sorano sharing a knowing look. Over the last 9 months the two had become close friends, very close. You made you happy to know that Meredy was able to make a friend after Ultear.

You, on the other hand, had become good friend with Erik. The poison dragon slayer said you reminded him of an old friend and the two of you just clicked. Erik was the one who found out you were pregnant and who knew your baby names. Mostly because you couldn't keep a secret around him. In turn, he told you his. His insecurities, his past, his fears about the future. But more than that, the two of you understood the things you grieved from the past. The two of you bonded and were deemed by the others as 'Best Friends'. Erik, aside from Jellal, was the only other person that truly understood why you didn't use your powers after that day nearly 10 months ago.

Sawyer was the loner of the group and Richard was focused on finding his brother.

Without being asked, Meredy finished the tea and bought it out for everyone. Her eyes gleaming with mischief as she glanced at you and Erik.

"So," she began, "any ideas about name?"

Erik smirked, "she's not naming the baby Junior. That would be stupid and uncreative."