47

// ELSE WHERE //

_

Update: I'm happy.

The poem Finn was writing for me was almost finished. I only knew because I sneaked a peek at it when he wasn't looking, but only for a second or two.

The next few months flew by.

It felt like only yesterday when Noah and I decided to leave for good. I do miss parts of Charlottesville, but I could never go back. There's too many memories there; good and bad.

Noah got into the best university in New Jersey, Sadie got a better job, Gaten found a girlfriend, Caleb I heard was moving to New York, and me..? I was happy. Finn and I were like two peas in a pod. I wondered if one day his mother and father would actually meet me properly, and grow to like me. I was excited to go to art school, but I was also terrified. I had to leave Sadie, and my friends. Noah and I promised that we would visit each other now and then, and Finn didn't live that far from the school. I wondered if Sadie was sad about Caleb moving away. I was happy for Gaten, having a girl in his life and all. I sold some more artwork as well, and Finn and his band released their first album. With everything going on recently, I totally forgot about one thing.

Visiting mom.

I never did end up telling anybody except for Noah that she was buried here, but I needed to see her.

_

I stood in the overgrown grass, as it started to cloud over a bit. I stood nicely, with my hands together, and my feet together. I was standing in front of my mother's grave.

It felt weird.

Dad wouldn't let me visit her when I was younger, so I was always curious.

Do I speak to her? I wondered.

My light pink hair blew softly in the wind.

"I um," I cleared my throat. "I miss you, Mom. I wish you were here. I, I got into an art school! And I have a boy in my life other than Noah." I chuckled. "It's been a while." I sighed, holding back my tears. I didn't let them fall, though they almost did. I pinched myself, and turned on my heel, walking back to the car. Noah leaned out the window, giving me an 'okay?' stare. I nodded, buckling my seat belt. "You okay?" He said. "Yeah." I nodded. It felt good to finally get this off my chest, and I was proud of myself, I really was. Noah couldn't stop looking at me. "What is it Noah?" I smirked, rolling my eyes. "Nothing." He chuckled. "What." I argued. He huffed.

"You're just so..brave." He smiled, looking ahead again. "You've accomplished so many great things, you've gone through ups and downs and, I'm proud of you." He winked. "Your mom would be very proud of you." He added, making me lean my head against my seat belt, my hair blowing in the wind.

I thought of what Noah called me..

Brave.

_