5

// ELSE WHERE //

_

Update: we left the motel (thank god), and now are driving cluelessly through the trees and the highways. We listened to a few songs on the way that are now stuck in my head.

I put my feet up on the dash board of the front seat. Noah was driving. We had grabbed a coffee at a near by Starbucks with the left over cash I had. I closed my eyes and leaned on the window.

Update: I can't get Weezer out of my god damn head.

"On an island in the sun, we'll be playing and having fun, and it makes me feel so fun I can't control my brain," I sang along quietly. I don't think Noah noticed.

_

Update: we are now going to a brunch place to eat. I'm not hungry at all. But Noah says I'm in one of my "moods".

"Noah!" I groaned. "What now?" He groaned back. "How the fuck do maps work?" I say, flipping the big piece of paper with lines on it, up and down and sideways and all kinds of ways! "Mills, its a fucking map." Noah rolled his eyes. "Well why did they make them so confusing? I don't even know where we are." I argued. "G'me this!" Noah snatched the lap out of my hands. "We're just outside of New Jersey, dumb ass." He handed the map back to me. I slumped down in my seat. "Ugh."

The cafe smelt nice. Kind of like cupcakes and coffee. We sat down at a booth, facing opposite each other. "I'm starving." The brunette grasped the menu like it would be his last meal. "Well duh, we haven't eaten in two days." I chuckle. A lady came up to our table, with a pink apron on, and bright blue eyeshadow. It bothered me. Stop noticing things Millie! I thought. "Hi there, can I grab any drinks for y'all at the moment?" She placed cup coasters down in front of us. "Uh, a Coke please." Noah said flatly. "And, your girlfriend?" She scribbled down something on her notepad as she looked over at me. "Oh, uh," Noah and I giggled. "No we're not together." I grinned.

Things were getting pretty fucking awkward.

Noah's face was red.

The lady just stood there shifting her eyes back and forth at the both of us.

"Oh right! Me!" I remembered I was ordering my drink. There was literally nothing on the menu except for Coke, water, and something called a "cow's spots shake", what ever the fuck that is.. "Uhh, I'm fine with water." I say, pushing my menu out of the way. The waitress walked away with a spring in her step.

_

1:03 am.

I can't sleep.

Noah and I slept in the car again. Luckily, we were just outside of New Jersey, so we were actually near decent civilization for once.

_

12:35 pm.

We passed a huge wooden sign that read:

WELCOME TO ALLENTOWN
NEW JERSEY
population 1,905

on the front, painted in blue and white.