8

// ELSE WHERE //

_

I slept at Sadie's that night.

I woke up to a throbbing headache. Sadie lay beside me, her head lying off the side of her bed, making me smile faintly. "Sads?" I whispered, tapping her shoulder. No answer. I just put on Noah's sweatshirt and left.
I walked back to the motel. It was raining and I didn't have a fucking umbrella. I put my hood up and jogged with my hands in my pockets.

"Noah!" I panted, shutting our room door. I took my hood off, exposing my wet hair. "Where the hell have you been?" Noah asked, raising an eyebrow, looking me up and down. "I slept the night at Sadie's." I tossed the boy his hoodie. "Mills," he sat on the bed, smoking.

He never smokes. Somethings wrong.

"Why are your hands shaking?" I question from the bathroom. He didn't reply. "Mills, we can't stay here." The boy sighed. "What why?" I ask, changing my bra. I was practically topless, without a shirt on, but Noah didn't care. We were basically siblings. "We can't pay the fucking money. Not to mention they only let us stay here for a certain amount of time." Noah lay back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "Well shit." I flop down beside him. "We're gonna have to find another place to stay Mills." Noah said, sharing his cigarette with me. "Noah we can't just live out of hotels every month." I sit up. "Well what else are we gonna do? Live in the car?" Noah said sarcastically, but with a concerned tone. "Sadie.." I then blurted out. "What?" Noah stuttered. "We could stay with Sadie." I smiled. "Hell no! I'm not staying with two girls who watch shitty movies and wear bras around the house!" Noah was out of breath at just that sentence. "Noah," I scoffed. "I've already got one of those!" Noah added, obviously referring to me. "C'mon, trust me on this. Sadie has a guest bedroom on the main floor, and her mom is away in Africa or something." I explained. "We could be totally in the clear!" I raised my eyebrows. "Are you sure?" Noah gave me one last look before agreeing. "Fine." He rolled his eyes. I giggled as I snatched his video camera and took a picture of him. "Millie fuck off!" He grabbed it back, only making me laugh.

DEC. 2003

"Oh, and there's like, a lake party thing on Saturday night, if you wanna go with me?" I put on a shirt, as I pet Eliot's soft ears

"Oh, and there's like, a lake party thing on Saturday night, if you wanna go with me?" I put on a shirt, as I pet Eliot's soft ears. "What the fuck." Noah's voice cracked. "What?" "I'm not going swimming in fucking December!" He finally sat up. "Noah, c'mon, like you said, 'live a little'." I teased him. "Now where're you going?" Noah groaned. "I'm gonna go buy I bathing suit. Wanna come?" I hoped he said said to be honest.

_

I dragged Noah along anyways, even though he said no.

"How does this look?" I came out of the change room stall. Noah sat nicely on the bench with his hands in his lap. "Well?" I asked again, looking in the mirror. "It's nice." He shrugged. It was a black one piece, which exposed my bare back. "Sexy." Noah smirked. I gave him the finger, as I looked in the mirror. Noah was kind enough to buy it for me since I ran out of my pocket money.