Babysitter

Steve was frantic today, Bucky was deep in his little space and Steve had just gotten a mission call. He couldn't find anyone to watch Bucky, which of course wasn't the worst thing in the world, Bucky used to take care of himself when he was in little space all the time, Steve just didn't want Bucky to feel alone. Both Natasha and Clint where on the mission call, Tony and Bruce were both busy, Wanda and Vision live too far away, Thor and Loki were back in Asgard, and Candy and Kat were out of town. That left one person, and they didn't know about Bucky's little space.

Steve pulled out his phone and called Sam. Lucky for him Sam answered after only a few rings.

"Hey, Sam I have a favor to ask of you." Steve told him. "Listen you have to promise to take this seriously and don't laugh."

"Yeah, sure man." Sam replied, "What's up?"

"Okay, I need you to come to watch Bucky. I know it sounds weird, but Bucky is a little." Steve heard Sam chuckle, "Hey! I said not to laugh! Before you comment it's not some kind of fetish, this is about Bucky and making him feel safe. I know it's weird but no one else can do it. I really need you to do this for me."

"Fine." Sam sighed.

"Thank you." Steve sighed, "I'll see you in a bit Sam, bye." After that, the conversation ended, "Bucky." Steve called.

"I in hewe papa." He heard Bucky yell from Steve's room.

Steve walked in and found Bucky sitting on his bed. Bucky was wearing one of Steve's hoodies and some joggers, happily sucking on his pacifier. He continued playing with Emma when Steve walked in. Steve picked up Bucky and kissed his temple.

"Papa dot to doe?" Bucky looked at Steve's uniform slightly confused.

"Yeah, Buck." Steve sighed.

"Am I gonna pway wit auntie Tasha and unca Cwint?" Bucky asked somewhat excited.

Steve sighed again and bounced Bucky a little, "No babes, they have to come too."

"Wha 'bout me?" Bucky didn't want to be big today, but it seemed to him like he was needed for the mission.

"You don't have to come this time." Steve answered.

"Is Tony doeing to pway wit me?" Bucky asked then frowned slightly when Steve shook his head, "Bwuce?"

"No." Steve sighed, "Buck, I called Sam. It won't be that bad, I promise. Sam will do a good job and he promised to be nice. But that doesn't leave you off the hook mister, you better be good for Sam."

Bucky huffed and crossed his arms across his chest. He pushed himself out of Steve's arms and ran to his room.

"Bucky!" Steve yelled. He found Bucky curled up under his bed with his bear, "Buck, I know you and Sam don't always get along, but this will be a good time for you two to learn how. Sam promised me he won't laugh at you. Come out Bear."

"No!" Bucky cried.

"Bucky, please come out." Steve pleaded, "Love, I have to leave for my mission soon. Are you going to make me leave without goodbye kisses?"

Bucky crawled back out and hugged Steve. "Not wan Sam to come." He whimpered.

Steve gently kissed Bucky's head, "I know you don't, but you guys will have lots of fun and Papa will be back before you know it."

"Pwease no go." Bucky gave Steve his best puppy dog eyes hoping that would be enough.

"I have to love, I'm sorry." Steve didn't wan't to say no to Bucky's puppy dog eyes but he had a job to do.