Sick Baby

"Shhh, it's okay baby." Steve whispered as Bucky sobbed into his arms.

Steve kissed Bucky's head and held him close. Bucky continued to cry, he still felt awful the only difference was that there was nothing left to throw up.

Steve gave Bucky a few more minutes before he took him to get cleaned up. He carried Bucky into his bathroom and carefully whipped off his face. He got Bucky out of his shoes, and left Bucky sitting in the bathroom. Bucky didn't question Steve leaving the room and stayed put.

Steve went out to the living room and grabbed the bag with the diapers in it. He grabbed one of the thicker diapers and put the packages away. He went Bucky's room and grabbed Bucky some sweatpants and t shirt, he also made sure to grab Bucky's bear and pacifier. He returned, Bucky was shaking where he sat on floor.

"Papa, I'm told." Bucky shivered.

"I know baby, let's get you changed so you can rest." Steve replied pulling off Bucky's shirt.

"Nooo."Bucky whined, "It's told."

Steve rubbed the back of Bucky's head gently "I know sweetie, but I need to get you changed, then we can get you wrapped up in a blanket. Sound good?"

Bucky nodded. Steve completely undressed Bucky and had him lay down. He carefully diapered Bucky and helped him into the more comfortable clothes. Once he was dressed Steve gave Bucky his teddy bear and pacifier.

"Come on sweetie, you need to lay down for a while." Steve picked up Bucky and sat him on his hip.

"I'm told." Bucky whined a little as he snuggled into Steve.

"You've already said that baby." Steve kissed his head.

Steve set Bucky on the couch then placed a blanket over his shaking body. Bucky didn't move from that spot, he just continued to lay on his side, and hold his bear. After a few minutes Steve returned to his side with a bottle of water and a small cup of medicine.

"Can you sit up a little bit so I can give you your medicine?" Steve placed his hand on Bucky's shoulder, Bucky pulled the blanket over his face, "Please Buck, I know you don't want to but it will help your tummy feel better."

Bucky sat up and drank the nasty tasting medicine, the taste was now stuck in Bucky's mouth. When Steve handed him his bottle he began to drink, desperate to get that awful taste out of his mouth.

Steve pulled the bottle out of Bucky's mouth "Slow down baby, you'll throw up again if you drink to fast." Steve explained slipping Bucky's pacifier back into his mouth.

Soon enough Bucky had passed out, he was completely exhausted. Steve carried him back to his bed so he would be more comfortable. He made himself some dinner and saved a little bit for Bucky, so if he woke up and felt hungry his food would be ready. Not long after he had finished eating his dinner he got a call from S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Hello" Steve answered listening carefully to what was said "Yes." He replied "I'll be right there"

What was he going to do about Bucky, if he wakes up in his little space and Steve isn't there he might panic. Steve did the first thing that popped into his head. He was already getting changed into his suit, rushing as fast as he could. Steve pulled out his phone and called Natasha. Soon enough Natasha was there. By that point Steve was completely ready.

"Steve what did you need?" She asked sitting down.

"You said you were good with kids right." Steve rushed his words, luckily Natasha could understand and gave a nod "Ok, um so I really need your help, uhh." Steve stumbled over his words, he was worried she wouldn't be ok with Bucky's little side. If she wasn't and he had told her Bucky would be devastated.