Untitled Part 7

A few months have passed since the adoption and everything has been great. Dani loved her new life, she had the most amazing family. Antonio and Alvin we're her uncles, Trudy was her aunt, the guys were her brothers, and the girls we're her sisters. The six and a half year old had the perfect family.

Hank loved having his little girl, he had a second chance at being a father. Dani would follow him almost anywhere, she was his shadow. The older man loved being a father again, his little girl had always put a smile on his face.

Early one morning Hank woke up and got ready for work, he checked in on Dani and saw that she's still sleeping which was very odd. The six and a half year old was always up before him but this time she wasn't. Getting concerned he went over to her.

"Dani, wake up sweet girl. Come on baby wake up". Hank says, gently shaking her.

The little girl awoke but was very dizzy and felt extremely nauseous, she blindly looked at her father.

"Daddy, I don't feel good". Dani said, her voice cracking.

He then felt her forehead and it was warm. "You're burning up sweet pea".

Hank then had to decide what to do, he couldn't get a baby sitter at the last second, then an idea popped into his head.

"Wanna come to the District with me?"

"Ok".

Normally Dani would be excited about going to the District but this time not so much. She was very tired.

" Do I gotta change?"

Dani was wearing a soft grey shirt and on it, in pink it read, 'Daddy's little princess'. With a pink crown. She wore the matching pink shorts.

"You can stay in your pajamas, I'm gonna go pack you a bag and we'll go".

All the little girl did was nod, Hank kissed her head and left the room. The older father then went to pack her Frozen backpack, he put in some medicine, a couple of cans of soup, the thermometer, a sweater, a blanket, and a few other things.

He put the backpack on his shoulder and went back to get his sick little girl. Dani sat on the bed waiting for her father, she was so sick that she was barely able to keep her eyes open. Her eyes kept closing but she woke up, Hank walked in and saw his little girl reaching out for him. Going over he picked her up, Dani wrapped herself around her father and buried her face into his neck.

Hank then carried his little princess out of the house, the father daughter duo then headed off to the District.

During the drive Dani whined and whimpered in the back, Hank slowly felt his heart break. It had been a long while since he took care of a sick child and to hear his little girl whining and whimpering in pain it killed him.

"Make it stop daddy". Dani whimpered.

"It'll be alright sweet girl". Hank comforted her.

Hank was now pulling up to the District, he grabbed the backpack putting it on his shoulder. Opening the back door he unbuckled the six and a half year old from her booster seat, she looked over to her father with sunken eyes.

"I-I'm cold".

The older father then pulled her Frozen blanket out wrapping her in it and picked her up, once again Dani had wrapped herself around her father. Her small arms wrapped tightly around his neck and her little legs wrapped tightly around his midsection. Hank then walked inside, when Trudy had seen her friend walk in she noticed that she was carrying her goddaughter.

"Oh my god is she ok". Trudy said concerned.

"Dani's sick, I think she caught a bug from a kid at school". Hank answers.