Untitled Part 22

After meeting with Amelia Hank had gone back to the district and had gone straight to Trudy, the older woman saw her friend and the look of urgency in his eyes.

"Everything alright Hank?"

"I need you to get Burgess and Roman to bring Dani back, I already gave the school permission for them to pick her up"

"Done. How'd it go at your meeting?"

"She won't take Dani"

Without another word the older man had gone straight to the bull pen upstairs, he was tightening down everything. Dani wasn't going to be out of any of their sights as long as Amelia was around. After finding out what Amelia had done to both her daughters and what she allowed her husband to do to them there was no way in hell she was getting anywhere near his little girl and do to her what happened to Serena and her sister.

Just remembering from the files what he read made his blood boil and enraged him. How does one just allow their children to be abused and molested? How could a woman choose a man over her children? If she had anything to do with the death of Danielle Taylor, Hank would make damn sure Amelia and her bastard husband both pay for what they've done. They've destroyed two lives he'll be damned if they destroy a third.

He marched straight to his office and closed the door before he exploded, everyone looked between each other to see who would go and check on their boss. Antonio had decided to go while the others remained at their desks. The senior detective knocked and went into Hank's office and closed the door.

"You wanna talk about it?" Antonio asked.

"I have much of a choice?" Hank replied.

"Your choice. I wanted to come and see if you're alright"

The older man sighed and sat down in his chair leaning back facing his senior detective. "Dani's maternal grandmother is trying to take her from me. I found out why Serena never wanted her mother to know she was pregnant. Amelia Taylor, Serena's mother allowed her two daughters to be abused and molested by her husband and she covered it up for years. When Serena ran away her younger sister, Danielle died. I think Amelia and her husband had something to do with it and had it covered up. She failed her two daughters and she thinks by taking Dani in she'll some how clear her guilty conscience"

"What do you need from us?"

"Find me more on Serena and Danielle Taylor, anything you can. Find me anything on Amelia's husband. Dig into that family as hard as you can. Go as far as to the brand of juice they drink, a speeding ticket. I don't care. Whatever you find bring it to me"

Antonio had simply nodded and went back to his desk. Hank stayed in his office trying to gather his thoughts about everything, trying to calm himself before Kim and Sean return with his little girl. A short time later a well dressed man had come into the district.

Mark Taylor had gone there in hopes of talking to Hank he went to the desk where Trudy was reading her newspaper, she glanced up seeing him.

"May I help you?" Trudy asked.

"Mark Taylor, I was hoping to see if Hank Voight was in today" Mark replied with a tight smile.

The older woman raised an eye. "I'll call up and see if he's in or not. You can have a seat over there while you wait"

Mark went to sit down as Trudy called upstairs for Hank, not even a few minutes later Hank had came down and looked over seeing Mark. It had been taking all of Hank's strength not to go choke the life out of him. He could play nice as long as Mark would. How every long that would be.

"Mr. Taylor, I'm Sergeant Voight I heard you wanted to see me. Why don't we go somewhere private to talk"

"Of course"

Hank had escorted him out of the district and out to the car. He had Mark drive while he gave directions, while he drove Mark was realizing they were going to the middle of no where. He looked around and it was all secluded, no people around for miles. Nobody would hear or see anything.

Mark felt his heart pounding in his chest as he slowly stopped the car, Hank had made him drive to the Silos one of his secluded locations. Everyone that the older Sergant had brought here was more than enough to get his point straight across the first time. If he had to bring them back a second time, there would be no telling what he would do or say. He was glued to the seat with his hands gripping the steering wheel.

The driver door opened and Mark was just about ripped out from inside and Hank was ready to strangle the life from him. One hand gripped the man's dress shirt and tie while the other went to his throat very slightly gripping it.

"Why don't we have that talk now Marky boy"