Chapter 42

Year 2036

(So... this is the last chapter of this series. This is so hard for me to write, and I'll make a mushy statement at the end, but for now here are the details you need to know lol.
• It's 2036
• Theo, Philip, and Georges are 18. Angelica is 16 and Frances is 14, but they're in the same class. All of the meme team is about in their late 30s.
• This isn't the last book of the series, however! I'll start a book of random one shots soon, and not just when the kids are 18, like when they're 5 and stuff too lol. It'll basically be the same as this book except the chapters are in non-chronological order lol)

Alex's POV

I never expected this.

I never expected to go to Liberty University (now called Columbia University, to the saltiness of all the hoodies i bought.)

I never expected to meet my friend group, who I still talk to everyday.

I never expected to meet my husband.

I never expected to adopt 3 kids.

I never expected to make millions doing what I love.

But I definitely never expected this.

"Theodosia Esther Burr-Alston." called the announcer, to which the meme team cheered, and Burr almost comically-loudly sobbed.

I took a deep breath. How is Philip about to graduate already? A few more names were called and we all politely clapped, until they got to Florence Habib, and I knew Philip was next.

"Philip Hamilton. Class of 2036." called the announcer, as he walked across stage in his, honestly extremely ugly, regulation blue and white graduation robe.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. And, I'm crying.

Philip shook hands, gave the audience a thumbs up, received his diploma, posed for a picture, and walked back to his seat like nothing happened.

How can he be so nonchalant about this? Doesn't he know he's growing up?

"Georges Washington de Lafayette-Mulligan. Class of 2036." called the announcer, completely butchering his name as Georges strolled across the stage in his illegally bedazzled graduation robe and cap, shaking hands.

We all wiped tears (and Laf and Herc sobbed even worse than Burr) when Georges received the diploma, and laughed our asses off when Georges tried to do a backflip.

Soon everyone had walked across stage.

"Now, our valedictorian and her speech, Theodosia Burr!" said the announcer, to which we all cheered again, and Burr sobbed even harder while Theo walked up to the podium, and her face zoomed in on by the giant screen behind her.

"Hello. I would first and foremost like to thank my classmates and especially my friends for always standing by me and encouraging me to strive and not be afraid of failure. I am sure everyone graduating today could not be here without the help and support of their family along the way. From my Uncle Hercules encouraging me to apply to Columbia University this year, to Georges Lafayette encouraging me to put a tack on Mrs. Bratton's chair in the sixth grade, you have never failed to instill bravery in me in times of uncertainty." she said, which got a couple laughs.

"I would like to thank God, for without him I would've given up many times. I would like to thank my teachers, who have given me the knowledge and emotional strength to help me succeed in life, and especially Mr. Paine for helping me realize my love for journalism." she said, then smiled and took a deep breath.